Best & Cheapest Hosting & Design

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karla

Reaction score
Got my domain name etc.... was going to 'try' and do my own site with perhaps moonfruit or something, only need say 3 pages tops, products/services, info and contact details and perhaps coverage as mobile, any suggestions on best and cheapest hosting and also best 'cheap' DIY web design package?

I use 1&1 for my hosting and I have just redone my website using a package called Website X5 by incomedia - very easy and very straightforward.

For domain registration, I always recommend 123-reg | Domain names | Domain name registration - although shop around for hosting and email as it's possible to get them for cheaper elsewhere (but it's fairly straightforward to configure your domain to point to different webspace or e-mail with 123-reg anyway).

I've heard of people buying cheap domains with 123-reg and then "pointing" them to some of the "free" website providers in the past... I definitely recommend having your domain with someone "neutral" like 123-reg though, as it's a lot easier to update the 123-reg settings to point to whatever web host you like than being "tied in" by getting your domain name with the likes of Freewebs, Vistaprint et al, who often either charge extra for moving your domain away from them when you "outgrow" them and want something better, or else the process is arduous and time consuming to transfer the domain across, with lots of faffing about.

Back