Best hair extension shampoo?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ellechristina

Reaction score
Hi advice boys and girls. I'm trained hair Extensionist and always had no problem with tresemme shampoo. But found with my last fitting my extensions are coming out in hand fulls I use lush extensions . I know they sell their own shampoo and con. But clients say they are gonna buy shampoo and never do so I want to tell clients the best shampoo to buy off high street so they have no excuse that they can't afford them. I tried using a sulfate free shampoo organix and naked last night and my extensions went like rats tails and knotted really bad and after drying it the strands where frizzy. When I use tresemme it's so soft with no knots and no frizz but can't use it if its making extensions come out. So need advice on if you know if tresemme have changed their formula also what to try before I recommend to clients. Thanks

None on High street. Incorporate aftercare into your pricing or explain any condition problems won't be your fault

I got advised to use Aussie shampoo, I use the miracle moist one:) and then a normal hair extension conditioner

I would have thought tresseme would have been one of the worst to use!!

Sell aftercare in with the price of the extensions and explain to your clients at consultation why - why would they pay so much for beautiful hair only to ruin it with ba aftercare - for a few pounds extra than the high street they have peace of mind

Omg!! Tresemme! Aussie! Are you mad??? I can't believe you're recommending OTS products to clients. You do know that you don't have a leg to stand on if a client has a problem with the hair? You send a sample of that hair back to supplier to be analysed and they would laugh in your face!!! Lushus won't even guarantee their hair if you don't purchase their aftercare. If you're professionals you should be able to supple the correct aftercare to your clients!

BTW OptionsUk wholesale suppliers of extension aftercare used by lots of big brands. Save yourself agro invest in this and insist your clients purchase from you or you offer no guarantees to them.

I'm fully trained in extensions and was trained to use sulfate free shampoos which you can buy OTS if you need to. But area I live is very poor most people on benefits and have other extensionists charging £100 for a full head. So im up against it all the time. I know that what their charging is for cheap hair that won't last. But most of the people who have extensions are people that can't afford to pay what we would class as good quality extensions. They dont think about quality they think about cost. Not all of us live in areas that can charge £250 plus for extensions I would never get any clients charging that price esp if other extensionists are charging £100. Therefore I have to try and do the aftercare affordable as possible. The Options company that sell hair extension shampoo is only sulfate free anyway. So if clients can buy shampoo off me for like £8 and they can get some sulfate free shampoo from boots for £4 they are going to buy from boots. So i would rather them buy the sulfate free shampoo from boots than buying a non sulfate shampoo that will ruin their hair all together. So please try and understand that we all live in different areas and have to price ourselves to what our customers can afford. I wished I lived in an area where I cud charge £500 for best quality hair and clients would pay for the best. But I don't .

I'm fully trained in extensions and was trained to use sulfate free shampoos which you can buy OTS if you need to. But area I live is very poor most people on benefits and have other extensionists charging £100 for a full head. So im up against it all the time. I know that what their charging is for cheap hair that won't last. But most of the people who have extensions are people that can't afford to pay what we would class as good quality extensions. They dont think about quality they think about cost. Not all of us live in areas that can charge £250 plus for extensions I would never get any clients charging that price esp if other extensionists are charging £100. Therefore I have to try and do the aftercare affordable as possible. The Options company that sell hair extension shampoo is only sulfate free anyway. So if clients can buy shampoo off me for like £8 and they can get some sulfate free shampoo from boots for £4 they are going to buy from boots. So i would rather them buy the sulfate free shampoo from boots than buying a non sulfate shampoo that will ruin their hair all together. So please try and understand that we all live in different areas and have to price ourselves to what our customers can afford. I wished I lived in an area where I cud charge £500 for best quality hair and clients would pay for the best. But I don't .

I don't think anybody asked you how much you were charging for extensions?? I certainly wasn't anyway - I am from an area where people are offering cheap extensions also and I have lots of people who don't have very much money hence the reason I also offer a budget range (Indian remy) as well as luxury - my clients will choose what they prefer depending on circumstances. I have lots of new clients moan about the price of extensiosn at consultation - they can get cheaper etc etc but I can honestly say no one moans about the price of my aftercare - if you have a client that is going to pay for you to fit your hair extensions (whatever you choose to charge) then if you explain to them the importance of this aftercare (I.e this has been tested with your hair and it was selected by you after intensive research) your customers will 9 times out of ten pay the extra few pounds.

Btw options is your product so you can retail it at what you want - you don't have to sell it for £8 if you don't want to and don't feel your clients would buy - you could sell for less and still make a profit (albeit not much)

That is just my advice to your question Hun - clients that won't pay for the right products may be the clients that don't book in for maintenance / removal.

I know that no one has asked how much i charge !!!!! But I was trying to explain the situation I'm in so people would understand. If I start to add the aftercare package in with the extensions then I will have to increase my prices. And being in an area that's struggling its gonna push clients to my competitors as why wud they pay a certain price with me when they can get the same cheaper somewhere else. I came on here to ask for some good independent extension shampoos.xx

I always recommend the hempz range - the hempz clarifying shampoo great combined with the hempz hydrating conditioner :) x

I always tell my clients to use the sulfate free one called Pro Naturals Moroccan Argan Oil shampoo. Some of them don't because it's like $30 a bottle but it really is the best shampoo for hair extensions. I use it for my natural hair, I like it that much!

Latest posts

Back