Best stamping kit?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

S_E_H

Reaction score
Hey geeks

I'm wanting to get into stamping in the new year as have been inspired by you all but wondered what you consider to be the best stamping kit? At the moment I don't have anything so I will need all the basics and stamping polishes....help!

Thanks

I use konad and moyou . Prefer moyou there plates are brill and there stamping polish works fab .

Sent from my SM-N9005 using SalonGeek mobile app

Another vote for Moyou here.

After much deliberation, I invested in this at Olympia Beauty in September and love it. I'm using CND Vinylux for stamping, without an difficulties at all.

Now I've finally got to grips with it though, the scope to expand with other stamping plates from Moyou and other companies is vast.

MoYou! Gorgeous stamps, miles better compared to konad! X

Thank you :) would you recommend getting a complete set from moyou i.e. a stamp, scraper, image plates and nail polishes or is it best just to buy separately? There are loads of image plates that have caught my eye already....!!

Hi
I bought a konad starter kit from amazon and was perfect as it had 3 coloured stamping polishes, scraper& stamper and a small selection of stamps to get started. I still now use that stamper, and the black n white konad polishes r brill.
THINK IT WAS set B and no more than £20?
Have to say tho, I'm now a moyou addict. The plates are pretty, easy to use and have a collectable feel to them.
Love the pro & mother nature collections best.

Beware...its about yo get ADDICTIVE!!!

Thank you :) would you recommend getting a complete set from moyou i.e. a stamp, scraper, image plates and nail polishes or is it best just to buy separately? There are loads of image plates that have caught my eye already....!!

Not having a clue about whether I'd get along with stamping or not, I bought the smallest set which comprised: scraper, stamper, two plates of my choice, and one polish of my choice. To date, I've still not used the Moyou polish I selected, but prefer to use Vinylux. I've heard the Moyou polishes aren't that great, but I can't comment as I don't have a definitive answer to that.

So far as stamping plates are concerned, the choice is endless as you have probably seen. Feeling more confident with stamping now though, I have ventured away from Moyou plates for the time being, but will always keep an eye open for new ones or ones on sale.

I'm also looking at Moyou stamping kits but I soley use Gelish polish. Does anyone know whether it would work using Gelish with the Moyou system? Advice appreciated x

You cant stamp with gelish, thats why u buy konad or moyou stamping polish to use for the stamping part.
you do ur gelish colour, topcoat then once totally at end of service...thats when u stamp over it using the special stamping polishes. Then u toocoat the design to protect it.

search on youtube sarah r...she has amaze n simple ideas and tutorials on stamping.
some other polishes are good for stamping too like barry m foil effects etc, but gel polish wont wrk to stamp with if u get me.
hth

You cant stamp with gelish, thats why u buy konad or moyou stamping polish to use for the stamping part.

you do ur gelish colour, topcoat then once totally at end of service...thats when u stamp over it using the special stamping polishes. Then u toocoat the design to protect it.

search on youtube sarah r...she has amaze n simple ideas and tutorials on stamping.

some other polishes are good for stamping too like barry m foil effects etc, but gel polish wont wrk to stamp with if u get me.

hth

That's great thanks so much for your help x

hth

hi just after a little help please ☺ looking at getting some moyou stamps. After i have completed my gelish service do I topcoat with gelish or polish topcoat please. Also would vinylux polish and topcoat work?? Thank you ☺

I invested in moyou earlier in the year. Two large plates, 5 colours, two stamps. I'm struggling to be honest and would appreciate any advise. I find the black and white colours work the best, but the other colours don't really show and look very watery, not revealing a clear design. And then the boards, sometimes the stamp picks up the design spot on, some other times it doesn't pick it up at all. I'm using the same pressure, etc on scraping and using the stamp with no luck. So my experience so far has actually been its wasting so much time and polish to re apply and try and get a clear stamp I can use. :-(

I invested in moyou earlier in the year. Two large plates, 5 colours, two stamps. I'm struggling to be honest and would appreciate any advise. I find the black and white colours work the best, but the other colours don't really show and look very watery, not revealing a clear design. And then the boards, sometimes the stamp picks up the design spot on, some other times it doesn't pick it up at all. I'm using the same pressure, etc on scraping and using the stamp with no luck. So my experience so far has actually been its wasting so much time and polish to re apply and try and get a clear stamp I can use. :-(

I would try priming your stamper if you haven't, and/or try a different one. I use one from rainbow collection online, it's huge and fabulous! If colours are not showing try stamping polish - it'll be much better. That said I've found very of my normal polishes that don't show but am investing in stamping polish slowly now anyway. I had a moyou London stamper and hated it, it wasn't great. Love my RC one & am excited for my new fab ur nails stamper to come next week, so hopefully that's worth recommending too!

hi just after a little help please [emoji5] looking at getting some moyou stamps. After i have completed my gelish service do I topcoat with gelish or polish topcoat please. Also would vinylux polish and topcoat work?? Thank you [emoji5]

I always use my gel topcoat to finish after stamping but that's just my preference. Never tried vinylux so can't help there. A lint roller brush makes cleaning the stamper much easier too by the way, best tip someone ever gave me!

Check out b.lovesplates on Instagram, I have just bought their summer collection stamping polishes and they are amazing even over black. As regards your stamper try to reprime it, very gently file the surface to remove any shine then wipe with acetone just this once as suggested previously use a lint roller to clean residual polish after each stamp. Also try warming your polishes a little before use if they are cold they dry too quickly making it difficult to lift a good image and moyou and pueen plates will never let you down hope this helps

Latest posts

Back