Best way to get noticed on google

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eyelash_Stylist

Reaction score
Hello
Does anyone have experience advertising either eyelashes or spray tanning on Yell.com? Im about to sign up for a year so people can link to my website and was wondering if I will bring in much work? Am doing well so far with facebook alone, but need more work, more money.

Your comments are hugely appreciated :)

Thanks guys
x

I have had a great response from leaflet drop,,,,, I had £5,000 leaflets printed both sides A6 size for £69.00,,,,, it's direct,,,, you can leave them in hairdressers,,, wedding shops,,, postoffice's,,,, sandwichshop's,,,,,, honestly it's worth doing,,,, I had a specail offer on them,,,, pedicure (I put the prcie of a pedicure) free eyebrow shape or shape on polish on hands,,,, It's been my best form of advertising and the cheaper's.
April is the month that I always think that it picks up so get out there and get notice. lol. Good luck

I pay £10 a month for my Yell.com advert, it moves me up the section listings, and gets a link to my website. Not sure how much income it has generated, but I still think its worth it for exposure.

Gumtree is a good place to try, free too!

Also Google Adwords can work well.

Mat

i put my free website by weebly.com on google maps for free!
if you google mobile hairdresser st helens i come up the second post xx

Hello
Does anyone have experience advertising either eyelashes or spray tanning on Yell.com? Im about to sign up for a year so people can link to my website and was wondering if I will bring in much work? Am doing well so far with facebook alone, but need more work, more money.

Your comments are hugely appreciated :)

Thanks guys
x

I have only had my website about 3 weeks, but what I have learned so far is that the more links on other sites the more it helps you, so if you have a links page you can swap links with other people, put you link on your facebook profile, facebook group..... put it everywhere you can!
There are a few free listing sites I have come across, yell.com is one so start of with free listings before you pay out anything, be aware though you will get LOADS of calls from all different people and companies, some saying they will get you on the first page of google, etc and there are aparently lots of scams so dont rush into anything too quickly, its always worth doing a search or thread on here about it before hand.
I looked into gumtree but that wasnt a free listing.
Here are the free listing I have advertised on so far;
  • freeindex
  • hotfrog
  • thomson local
  • yell direct
  • yell.com
  • google maps
If anyone has any other free listing sites please let us know!

Hope this helps :hug:

Also get your website on your "signature" on here so it comes up after every post!

Thank you so much everyone for your advice, they are ringing me back to suggest a cheaper option but I will try the rest for now and leave them for a while.
I have some leaflets, so will try and get out there in time for the "wedding season" thanks again all!

gumtree isnt free now its £4.95 to advertise with them.

Lisa

the essex one was still free last week but the london one was saying i had to pay, i wonder if its just some?

I advertise on Gumtree For Glasgow and I don't pay. They do have options for featured ads and stuff that you have to pay for but you can still do the free one.

Here's some links to websites where you can advertise for free (although do be careful that you choose the free option and don't sign up to the paid one unless you *really* want to)...

FreeIndex - The free UK business directory
Hot Frog - Your UK Business Directory
Jobs, Cars, Property, Free Classifieds and More - Gumtree.com
Free business listing, free advertising - online UK business directory
London Reviews, London Top Restaurants, Pubs, Shopping, Nightlife, Services and More | Tipped
Scoot | Scoot Home - UK Business Finder
Free UK Business Directory - Join Free, Free SMS, Free Listings, Ratings & Reviews
London Restaurants, Dentists, Pubs, Beauty Salons, Doctors

Then there's Google Local Business Centre where you can submit your details for free and have it come up on the map at the top of the page on Google when someone searches for a business in your area... http://www.google.co.uk/local/add/businessCenter

Here's some links to websites where you can advertise for free (although do be careful that you choose the free option and don't sign up to the paid one unless you *really* want to)...

FreeIndex - The free UK business directory
Hot Frog - Your UK Business Directory
Jobs, Cars, Property, Free Classifieds and More - Gumtree.com
Free business listing, free advertising - online UK business directory
London Reviews, London Top Restaurants, Pubs, Shopping, Nightlife, Services and More | Tipped
Scoot | Scoot Home - UK Business Finder
Free UK Business Directory - Join Free, Free SMS, Free Listings, Ratings & Reviews
London Restaurants, Dentists, Pubs, Beauty Salons, Doctors

Then there's Google Local Business Centre where you can submit your details for free and have it come up on the map at the top of the page on Google when someone searches for a business in your area... http://www.google.co.uk/local/add/businessCenter

Thanks for those Ruth, you are so helpful :hug::hug:

Also try google analytics, that way, once you have signed up to all the free sites you can see exactly where your website referrals are coming from and which ones are bringing you in the most potential customers.

Also try google analytics, that way, once you have signed up to all the free sites you can see exactly where your website referrals are coming from and which ones are bringing you in the most potential customers.

Good call; similarly other web site analytics packages such as Webalizer are also good for analysing where most of the referrals in to your site are coming from...

Thank you thank you x!!!

Latest posts

Back