Best way to increase prices?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sarah-Jean

Reaction score
I opened my salon 11 months ago, reduced the prices from the previous owner and did a lot of special offers etc to keep tempting people back to the salon (I didn't have a fantastic experience with staff and their rebooking rates were atrocious)...

Well, now I have a fantastic team, my clients love them and I've put a stop to constant discounting. I'd really like to put my prices up over the next few months as I'm aware a few of my prices are much lower than the standard locally (for instance our massage, facials and intimate waxing as well as our bridal and colour services)...

I don't know how to implement it though... Do I slowly phase in a few pounds here and there without too much fuss just on the services that are under-priced anyway - or do I loudly announce that prices will be increasing as of XYZ date by XYZ amount and do a increase across the board?

Any help would be much appreciated.

I would get new price lists printed hand them out and say as of next week this is what we will be charging! i wouldn't whack them out maybe 10/20% if your prices are quite long!! i wouldn't just slyly do it! then maybe put them up again in April! x

I was thinking of leaving the hair and colour as it is for now, and just increasing the services I know are drastically under-priced to bring it more in line with what others are charging... But I wasn't sure if increasing prices on certain things and not on others was a good idea or not?

I have just increased my price's. I send an monthly email out to client's so I did warn them in that. I have given client's an up to date price list and have said that some price's have had to be increased so that next time they are in they have the new price's.

Wjat you could do is put a notice up in recpetion saying something like as of the 1st Novemer 2011 due to the increase of product's etc some treatment's have had a price increase.

Kerryx

Hi ya I put my prices up every other year. I put a notice up a month before and say price increase as of say Nov for instance. I normally put the prices up £1.00 on small treatments and £2.00-£3.00 on bigger treatments. Xx

Latest posts

Back