Best ways to get returning clientele?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AquariJen

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm a Holistic Therapist and wondering what you find to be the best ways to get returning clientele? I know that lots of people use loyalty schemes but from what I can tell, they don't necessarily work that well, so I was wondering what does work for you?

Thanks in advance :)
Jen

I mostly offer massage and reflexology and I use loyalty cards, I find they work really well for me.
I also like to offer something different every few months e.g. burn different smells, use different scented massage oils, as this keeps people interested. I also package mine treatments up e.g reflexology with a leg massage. Hope this helps x

I know it's not a specific idea but I honestly believe that if you do a great job (which I'm sure you do) and make sure that you have ways to communicate with new clients ie regular Facebook updates or email newsletters then they will return and probably recommend anyway. You can always do the odd offer when you are quiet rather than an ongoing loyalty scheme if you don't want to do that.

It sounds obvious but so many people don't like to ask the clients to rebook. I would never be pushy but always casually say as they are paying 'would you like to book your next appointment or would you rather let me know?' And so many say thank you for the reminder and do rebook. I know myself, if I don't book at the time I'm hopeless and go way too long :)

Be absolutely great at what you do and be authentic not a fake persona of a therapist.

For me refer a friend cards have been the best for getting and retaining clients. I do 20% off for the client and the new client.
My clients always rebook when they know they have 20% off waiting for them - and usually book in for a higher priced treatment because they know they're getting a discount!

Thank you guys, those are all really helpful ideas, I'll try to incorporate some :) Xx

Latest posts

Back