Big dilemma !

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TanAngel

Reaction score
Hi Geeks
This is a bit of a long post, im so stressed out and just need some words of advice. hear goes...
I have room of my dreams its huge and i got to design it all. the problem is its above a failing fishspa/nail bar. The owner is 24 a Gardner and has made it very clear he hates his business he thought it would make him a quick buck. a few weeks ago he thought i wasn't in and i found the estate agency in there:eek:. as for the nail techs he employs shocking they are both beauty therapist that needed a job so turned there hands to nail and have no passion what so ever for it. Nearly everyone that comes to get there nails done complains. i cant see his business being around much longer the reputation has been tarnishes and im worried it will reflect one me :(

So i have found a new room in a establishes hair salon much much smaller then my current room and a bit more noisy with hair-dryers music going on. the problem is, there are 4 other beauty girls in there all separate businesses offering simpler services waxing, facials massage etc.( im the only one that can do spray tanning and shellac and eyelash extensions which is a bonus.)

Help... what to do ? x

(apologies if some spellings are wrong i have tried to correct them all im quite dyslexic.)

oh god....how annoying pet. what a cowboy!! :irked: Is there any way of keeping the room you are in? is he just renting the space down stairs? Maybe another business will go in there that will compliment what you are doing.
Personally I wouldnt go for that other place with 4 therapists but i havnt been to see it or met the girls..
I would sit down with him and lay everything on the table. ask him straight out if he is closing down. and when he was planning on telling you? Hopefully you can have a calm discussion and come up with a suitable solution for both of you.
Best of luck....:hug:

He owns the lease on the shop but with what he makes there is no way he can afford to pay it plus staff. I ask all the time he just lies lies lies. If i confront him he gets quite aggressive 'he always knows best kind of guy'. Im sick of living in fear that i will come to work and be told to leave because he is shutting down. my business is quite new and so far it has taken of amazingly i don't want him messing it up. :( xx

What a horrible situation to be in.

From what you've said it sounds like he's in the process of getting rid of the shop, you've already tried to have an honest conversation with him without success, so the likelihood is, he will drop the news on you last minute.

Its good that you're looking for another room, but personally, I would steer clear of the one you found. To have 5 BT's in one salon, all separate businesses = a lot of competition, it won't be long before they start offering the same types of treatments as you do, once they see you have a different clientele.

Good luck, I hope it all works out.

Kathie x

Last edited:
Start giving your clients a number they can contact you personally on immediately. He could close at any minute by the sounds of it but I'd avoid the other place too as too many other therapists.

What a horrible situation to be in.

From what you've said it sounds like he's in the process of getting rid of the shop, you've already tried to have an honest conversation with him without success, so the likelihood is, he will drop the news on you last minute.

Its good that you're looking for another room, but personally, I would steer clear of the one you found. To have 5 BT's in one salon, all separate businesses = a lot of competition, it won't be long before they start offering the same types of treatments as you do, once they see you have a different clientele.

Good luck, I hope it all works out.

Kathie x

Start giving your clients a number they can contact you personally on immediately. He could close at any minute by the sounds of it but I'd avoid the other place too as too many other therapists.

Good advice given here.

I have been there, when a gym I was renting space in went out of business and I was left high and dry and looking for new premises.
I was lucky and got somewhere suitable quite quickly.

However the other salon you mention sounds like you would be falling out of the frying pan and into the fire!

Get out there and and find new room/s preferably where you would be the only therapist.
Good Luck

Latest posts

Back