Big pores help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rippersroo

Reaction score
My boyfriend needs some skin help-I've tried everything I can think of!
I'll attach some pics. He has massive pores they are actually like big holes but they are just pores-not scars from spots or anything.
The pics look like his skin is greasy but that was just my flash, his cheeks actually get really dry and flakes of skin on his nose.
The nose pores are big too and often gets blackheads.
This is what we've tried:
Face scrub 2x a week
Nivea hydration primer (thought this might cover the pores-nope)
Nivea daily essentials oil free day cream
E45 cream
And various others. I've even tried a sort of bb cream to cover but this seems to get in and show up the pores on the cheeks and create dry flakes on the nose! When he's used a moisturising cream it's way too oily/greasy and then he's skin is shiny! Please any help would be lovely he hates his skin it never used to be like this!
Thanks everyone ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1388253494.992947.jpg
P.s. The redness is his medication.

You need to use cosmeceutical skin care products not over the counter ones. Glycolic wash or peels are a great start what does he do for work? Is it a dirty environment?

Ok how do I find anything like that? And what will I look for? He's a delivery driver but he is sometimes on a dusty farm and then he uses this 'clean and clear blackhead clearing lotion' he uses a cotton pad and they are so filthy so it cleans but I'm afraid it's too harsh on the skin, especially the cheeks. Some things we have used in the past have burned it's so sensitive for him,

Get him a proper skin consultation as Chrysalis has said, not OTC products. A lot of cosmeceutical companies do ranges suitable for men and women, and you can do a real treatment programme, rather than keep on trying different things. Try and find somewhere that will offer you ongoing support and advice. Mine is free with a money back guarantee!

Vicki x

The skin either side of my nose is exactly like this :/ I've given up trying to sort it! X

Get him a proper skin consultation as Chrysalis has said, not OTC products. A lot of cosmeceutical companies do ranges suitable for men and women, and you can do a real treatment programme, rather than keep on trying different things. Try and find somewhere that will offer you ongoing support and advice. Mine is free with a money back guarantee!

Vicki x

Where are you based? Thankyou for your help-do you know how I find out where to get A skin consultation?
X

The skin either side of my nose is exactly like this :/ I've given up trying to sort it! X

I had a dry nose and bigger pores around my nose/nostril area but and exfoliating scrub 1/2 times a week has sorted it for me so no makeup sticks there anymore but not so for my poor boy! 😕 x

I had a dry nose and bigger pores around my nose/nostril area but and exfoliating scrub 1/2 times a week has sorted it for me so no makeup sticks there anymore but not so for my poor boy! 😕 x

Scrubs don't agree with my skin for some reason but exfoliating gloves have helped my skin feel better. Still got big pores though! But I usually only put a bit of powder on my face as it gets oily but I don't like wearing much make-up x

Whereabouts are you? I'm on Northants/Warwickshire/Leics borders, so a bit of a trek!! I use/recommend Environ, so have a look for a salon in your area, and make sure they do free consultations - or take a drive and come visit me!!!

Vicki x

Whereabouts are you? I'm on Northants/Warwickshire/Leics borders, so a bit of a trek!! I use/recommend Environ, so have a look for a salon in your area, and make sure they do free consultations - or take a drive and come visit me!!!

Vicki x

Hi that's a shame were in suffolk and were just over in birmingham for Xmas! Haha could of popped in on way home!
I'll have a look locally, thankyou for your help.x

Latest posts

Back