Bit of advice please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

louisekjh

Reaction score
Got a bit of a dilemma so hoping someone can help!

My original plan was to do my spray tan training and then build myself up with courses as I go along.

The dilemma I have is

Although I have my full driving licence, I haven't drove in 2 years. My partner has a Vectra and it's just too big for me to feel confident in so.....

Do I save up for a little car for myself first? But then I have the issue of running the car with no extra money of "my own" in which case I would have to save up til I have enough money for both a car and training?

Or do I just suck it up and drive this thing?

I really want to make a start but this is really holding me back!

By the time you have saved for a new car you may have completely forgotten how to drive LOL! Why not just practice driving it? :hug: sounds like fear is holding you back not any real barriers.

I think it is the fear and also having not drove in over 2 years.

Doesn't help that my partner keeps telling me how awkward it is to park and that he struggles :(

Need to just get over it I think!

Get him to drive you to a supermarket car park later at night so you can practice driving and parking up x

I still hate parking!! I was brilliant at parallel and reverse parking on my lessons but now refuse to do it. Much rather park further away or drive into a space than bumping into a shiny new Audi/BMW! You could always just go out on practices drive later on at night when the roads are quieter. I'm sure you'll pick it up again soon enough :)

Thank you everyone!

Think I just need to suck it up and do it! He said he will get the insurance sorted this week, then I just need to get some new glasses and can get practising.

I really can't wait to start training and this is all that's holding me back.

Some driving instructors do refresher lessons in your own car if you have a full license, to get your confidence up.

Also dont make the fear into "its" own object, YOU are holding you back, if you think of it like that it might help you to overcome it. It's scary and big but also you're in control of it, so it will only stop you if you let it xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I would definitely recommend an instructor as FaceLashBrow advised.

don't make the same mistake as me! when my partner moved from having a Rover Metro (I know ancient!) to a Honda civic, I took fear as it was so low inside. That was 14 years ago and I still haven't driven since!!! Suck it up and get in there! Wish I had. xxx

I've gone from driving a fiat cinqucento to a Ford fiesta to a citroen picasso in the space of a year. The picasso is huge and I was dreading driving it, but I love it now. Go for it. You can do it! Mind over matter. Don't let it hold you back. Get out there with your partner, familiarise yourself with the car and if needs be drive a wee bit further to get a parking space you feel more confident in. Xxx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back