Black dots after waxing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beauty32

Reaction score
I am a student and I have completed my level 2 and doing my level 3 now. After level 2 I realised how amazing waxing is I have my own pot at home at I always do my legs as it is so much better than shaving. However I started to wax my own bikini and after there is sometimes little black dots at a follicle after, I never learned what this was at college if any one knows anything or any tips it would really help. Thanks

Hi, it could be the second hair which is on a different growth cycle coming out or starting.
When you get into a routine of waxing every 3-4 weeks then it should sort itself out .

For bikini line I like to use a serum after called folisan which helps ingrown hairs and will help the black dot issue as well. Applied once daily for a week or so after waxing . (Not immediately after wait a day)

If youre seeing this immediately after waxing then it could also be snapped hairs. This can happen if you’re removing at the wrong angle and breaking the hairs off just below the surface rather than fully removing them.

As Pure says, it sound like you're snapping the hair off at skin level rather than removing the entire hair. Easily done if you're waxing your own, as it's hard to get a good stretch and angle. Make sure you're getting the wax right down to the skin, not just the hair, and applying it really firmly to get a good 'grip'. Are you using hard wax or soft?

It could equally be both.

Latest posts

Back