Black hair problems

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jazzy Sue

Reaction score
Please help! I have dyed my hair most my adult life from dark brown to black, recently (about 6 months plus) my head really hurts after dying it and I have now gone blonde which I must admit, im not keen, but it doesnt hurt when I put on light colours. It looks ok but I would love to go back to black. My head blisters and is really itchy for a few days after colouring.

Any advise on how I can go back to dying my hair to black without it being so painful.. I use nice and easy (always have) but have tried others but still painful.:Scared:

Darker tints contain more of the ppd and related chemicals than lighter colours so this will help to explain why it hurts more when using black tints.

You need to be very careful as you may be becoming allergic to the hair dye.

ALWAYS perform a skin test before any more colouring (Home or salon) from now on. People can die from serious allergic reactions so you must take care.

You could try using a semi and see how this works for you. Generally, a semi is in one bottle and not mixed with another solution.

Latest posts

Back