Bleach burns on my scalp

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

little-miss-owl

Reaction score
Hello!

I need some advice on what to do with bleach burns on my scalp. I was bleached twice yesterday (the first one didn't get my highlights out completely so they did it again) and then had a toner put on to make it go silver/grey. I've never had it bleached before so I had no idea what the sensations were supposed to be , obviously it stung but they kept saying to me "no pain no gain".

I got home and my scalp is very crusty and weeping :( its not actually hurting right now but it feels very tight, it does sting when I touch it

If there is anything I should do, or avoid?

Oh no that's not good, Take an antihistamine first off, and then contact the salon and tell them about it, scalp bleaching is sometimes an uncomfortable experience but should never burn or blister, like that. Next time you are going to have anything done request a patch test as in my experience people tend to develop a sensitivity to colour after this has happened.

If you can stand it maybe give your head a wash in some nice cool water to try to relieve the tightness & stinging, I really don't know if there is a home remedy you could do to relieve the symptoms tho sorry, maybe another geek could advise here?

If there is anything I should do, or avoid?

Yes, seek medical advice and avoid returning to that salon!
'No pain, no gain'? They're clearly incompetent idiots.
I wouldn't be surprised if they've used a high peroxide solution and/or a bleach product not intended for on scalp lightening (to save money!).

An antihistamine tablet should help reduce the sting. There are other products for helping reducing scalp sensitivity and promote healing although you might need a prescription for them so ask the pharmacist for advice.

As surf girl says, you now risk developing a sensitivity to colour in the future, so ALWAYS insist on a patch test before a colour service. Even if having bleach highlights, most hairdressers will apply a toner afterwards so you still need a patch test.

I hope your scalp feels better soon.

Latest posts

Back