Bleach not lifting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LaurenSparkles

Reaction score
Hi.

I'm not a hairdresser so please forgive me if I get terms mixed up.

Iv been having a full head of bleach highlights the past 4 months, I have a couple of caramel foils throughout the very front. My hairdresser uses wells koleston.

However after the first wash my hair no longer looks done. It certainly doesn't look bleached. I'm also finding quiet a few dark patches throughout my hair. All in all it doesn't look like it's been done.

Any suggestions or anything that I can ask my hairdresser next time?

Lauren

Pictures are now, 2 weeks after my colour xx
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1437596195.032842.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1437596219.654141.jpg

It doesn't look like shes putting enough foils in maybe? X

Hi.

I'm not a hairdresser so please forgive me if I get terms mixed up.

Iv been having a full head of bleach highlights the past 4 months, I have a couple of caramel foils throughout the very front. My hairdresser uses wells koleston.

However after the first wash my hair no longer looks done. It certainly doesn't look bleached. I'm also finding quiet a few dark patches throughout my hair. All in all it doesn't look like it's been done.

Any suggestions or anything that I can ask my hairdresser next time?

Lauren

Pictures are now, 2 weeks after my colour xxView attachment 189226View attachment 189227
It's def nice and tight to the root area but like the other geek suggested more bleach packets needed

The bleach is lifting as you can see where it's blonde right to the roots, she needs to put more foils in that's the issue.
Explain to her that you want to see less of your natural colour, more blonde.

When you have bleach highlights, it lifts the colour to a very pale yellow and the contrast with your natural colour will be considerable if it's a dark blonde or light brown. The original idea of highlights is to give a subtle 'sun kissed' look to your natural hair.

If you want look more blonde, you need to have either an all over colour or bleach highlights with flooding of another blonde colour in between the highlights.

Are you paying for a t section or full head highlights? At your next appointment, be clear about what you want to achieve and be prepared to pay more if they have to use several colours or put in more foils.

You need to wash it :) If you use dry shampoo as well it looks lighter. But I agree, it was done correctly but there is still your natural hair in between. You could have your stylist add more highlights but I personally like it this way

Show her some pics like these below and ask her for a random medium weave for hi lites. Looks like your getting the standard 1/4" weave, looks like the sun did it color job. A few lo lites every 3rd foil would help balance it out too for depth like these pics. I suggest getting a more creative colorist. Go into salons and look at the stylists haircolor on them selves because we do each others hair when bored. When you see a stylist with haircolor you like ask for whomever did her color at the salon33764d0125fed213ac4861d09af3c7b5.jpg images.jpg 46df82abc0c7a65cfb454565d558cb0b.jpg

Love that first pic, @vividamnesia posted, I'm stealing that to get my hairdresser on the case on my next appointment :) .. Hijack over...carry on haha

Il see how I get on. I just feel like my roots are always quiet dark. I have really long hair so I don't want to start bleaching it all over and I'm also allergic so I can only do bleach. Like it's been mentioned maybe I just need more packing in. Thanks guys xx

Latest posts

Back