Bleaching & colouring lace wig advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nsw91

Reaction score
Hello fellow geeks.

Let me start of by saying that I'm not a professional, I've done DIY jobs before with some minor bleaching, but not anything like what I am going to attempt.

I wear lace wigs for personal taste, not for medical reasons. However a lot of vendors out there don't do custom colours/styles and if they do, they are usually very expensive. So I see a lot of people, a lot of amateurs on YouTube and blog sites who buy wigs and extensions, then colour them themselves, so I thought why not.

Of course that brings me to why I am here. I bought a natural black, virgin Brazilian unprocessed full lace wig that I am wanting to colour. I have strand tested and I can confirm its as described. The colour I am trying to achieve is a light brown into a sandy browny blonde ombre with some soft lighter highlights. The following youtube has pretty much the colour I am trying to achieve:

At about 1:50 onwards is probably the best lighting to review her hair in, and I'm wanting pretty much that, maybe slightly lighter.

I am confident that I know how to at least apply the bleach (been watching youtube videos for months on balayage/ombreing), but in terms of what kind of bleach, or suggested toners or colours to use is basically the reason why I am making this post. Maybe I should do all the bleaching on the parts I want to be lighter, then use a violet/purple toner? I don't know, that's why I would appreciate assistance haha.

If anyone has any suggested products, toners/colours with what developers I should use, I would most definitely appreciate it. I understand that I'm likely to mess it up at some point, which is why I'm not too worried about actually ruining the unit. Obviously I would prefer for this to work out completely fine with no struggles, but I'm mainly just wanting to perfect something that I would like to do myself.

Tl;dr: I need help with what colours or toners and bleach+developers to use on natural black hair to achieve sunkissed beachy brown/blonde ombre hair.

Take it to a hairdresser

Sorry, forum rules, we can't give a non pro advice on professional chemicals.

Take it to a qualified hair messer. As you said, you'll probably mess it up anyway and chances are, beyond repair, so you'll have to bebuy another wig, so you may aswel get it right the first time and as cams said, take it to a pro

Latest posts

Back