Blonde box dye over bleach highlights?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beautymanager

Reaction score
image.jpg
image.jpg
Hello!

Need some advice if anyone can help please! For the past how many years!! I was dying my hair at home once every 6 months with nice n easy 9.5a natural baby blonde it looked lovely and I don't know why I messed with it!

BUTLong story short my friend who is a hairdresser put some lowlights highlights brown through it I hated it! She took the brown out, it looked too bleachy and orange, she said just go back to my box dye will be fine, that turned my hair grey/green.

I went to a salon paid for half head highlights underneath (that's what they suggested) then a toner all over it so good treatments and itlooked OK not great but felt lovely and it was better then green l well now the toner has faded I look AWFUL!!

I've spent near enough £200 at two hair dressers to look like this and now I have no money left can anyone recommended a box dye that will get me back light natural(ish) blonde? I've attached a photo of my hair now and one that I want to get too. It's the larger picture of the 3 I would ideally like to get as close as possible too!

Thank you :)

You need to find a reputable salon with competent colour technicians. Take pictures of exactly what you want and explain what you DON'T want and what you do. Most places provide consultations free of charge.

Do not touch your hair with box colour. Why would we recommend a box dye? We use professional hair colour and do not ever recommend the use of box colour.

B
You need to find a reputable salon with competent colour technicians. Take pictures of exactly what you want and explain what you DON'T want and what you do. Most places provide consultations free of charge.

Do not touch your hair with box colour. Why would we recommend a box dye? We use professional hair colour and do not ever recommend the use of box colour.
I know you wouldn't usually recommend a box colour I am only asking advice on box dye because I have NO money left to spend at a hairdressers after the £180 I've already spent, was just seeing if there was anything I could do in the mean time to blend the bottom with the top untill I can afford a hair dresser again I did pop into a salon last week but was quoted another £100, I just don't have that at the moment. Thanks for you reply anyway :)

B

I know you wouldn't usually recommend a box colour I am only asking advice on box dye because I have NO money left to spend at a hairdressers after the £180 I've already spent, was just seeing if there was anything I could do in the mean time to blend the bottom with the top untill I can afford a hair dresser again I did pop into a salon last week but was quoted another £100, I just don't have that at the moment. Thanks for you reply anyway :)

If the hairdressers haven't achieved what you asked for when they said they could then you need to take action and get your money back!

You'd end up in a worse place than you started using box colour, you'd fork out even more getting it fixed unfortunately there is no cheap or easy way out.

You could always go to a training salon/college if you aren't happy to see the same hairdresser.

Latest posts

Back