Blonde Hair Help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hannahlc

Reaction score
I've always had blonde hair
http://i55.tinypic.com/mjpz5c.png thats my natural hair color and i never dyed it before, but a while ago i dyed it with semi permanent dye, a dark red, which faded into auburn. It must have stained my hair because it would not come out after that, no matter how much or what i washed it with.

I decided to just dye my hair back to blonde, using a permanent light blonde dye, i was able to lighten it to strawberry blonde.
After that, i dyed it again but with a dye meant to make the hair very blonde with bleach in it, which i liked, but i had missed some spots on the top of my head so i went to buy another box of light blonde hair dye, which evened out my color, but the top of my head is a little brassy, it's very orange but in some lights it just looks very yellow. it looks like i dyed my hair blonde, so i want an ashy blonde. The ends of my hair are the perfect color but not the top.
I was wondering what you would suggest i do.. should i just dye it with a light blonde hair dye or bleach it again? Or I've been reading online of people mixing toner with developer? but is it permanent? or would i have to do it every so often?
I'm not really sure what it all means because I'm a makeup artist and not a hair stylist.

I have really thick and healthy hair, and my hair feels exactly the same as before i colored it, so i can afford to dye or bleach it again. :)

I bought a purple toner shampoo from Sally Beauty Supply. i only used it once and havent seen a difference.

I would like my hair to be back to same color it was before, i think it is cool and ashy toned.
Im sorry if this is long, but i have a wedding to go to in a week and just need some help :) thanks

Last edited:
Hi there.

This section of the website is really only meant for professional hairdressers.

I think you really need to go to a professional salon to sort this out.

I don't think we are aloud to advise non hair professionals to carry out chemical services on their own hair with non professional products ect.

I'm so sorry. :biggrin:

Yeah it sounds like you need a toner but I agree your better off leaving it to a pro :) ...you could end up green if not!

Latest posts

Back