Blonde "toning" disaster!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pheonix8522

Reaction score
Ok I've been wanting to lighten my hair for some time and my friend who is in Cosmo school offered to bleach and tone it for me. I was starting with Virgin hair which is a medium brown and it lifted beautifully to the light picture attached however it was too bright and yellow(picture doesn't show it too well) and she was going to add an ash (toner) to bring it down a bit. Instead it turned dark grey and I realized she used a permanent (drug store) dark ash blonde color.....I immediately did the lemon and conditioner and followed it up with clarifying shampoo and now I'm left with the second photo it's almost like a brassy gold/green/gray. My question is what can I do to fix this I wanted something like the third picture. Thanks in advance!!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    413.4 KB · Views: 112
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    681.9 KB · Views: 92
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    95.9 KB · Views: 84
Visit a qualified hairdresser for a colour correction service or alternatively, get your friend to correct the problem during a supervised training session where she can learn about where she went wrong. I'm guessing she's not been training for long?

Colour correction really isn't a DIY option.

what happened? Did you go bavk and get it fixed

Latest posts

Back