Blue/green hotspots

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TattooGurl

Reaction score
I recently bleached out my blue hair I haven't been blue very long only a few months now that spring is coming I want to go a brighter colour but sadly I have this pale blue/green banding just down from the root not quite in the midshaft that just will not come out. It's not very dark when dry it's noticeable but more like a minty washed out green then a fully opaque colour. I was wondering if I could put a bright cotton candy pink or neon orange shade on it without it looking all muddy and brownish. I don't really want to bleach it a third time twice was enough I really don't want to BBQ my hair.

You shouldn't use bleach to remove a direct dye. All it's done is push the colour further in and stained your cuticle layer.

You shouldn't use bleach to remove a direct dye. All it's done is push the colour further in and stained your cuticle layer.
I used a colour remover first it got a some of the blue out but not all of it so I washed my hair with baking soda and dish soap that didn't help much so I did a bleach shampoo that helped a little the ends and roots went white so finally I just did bleach on the midshaft to try and get the hot spots but they are not coming out at all. At this point it's very very light mintish green almost a translucent I guess you really need to be looking to see it there. Also I've bleached about every colour there is in the rainbow out of my hair a million times and the only colour ever to do this was red even box black didn't stick like this blue. So sorry I should have been clearer in the first place. All I want to know is can I put orange or pink on top with it looking like puke. Or if possibly a blond toner might mask the last of the green so I can look presentable till I can do what I really want.

Attachments

• one.jpg
    one.jpg
    542.5 KB · Views: 65
  • two (2).jpg
    two (2).jpg
    937.2 KB · Views: 45
Yes you can use pink to neutralise the mint green, it usually works I think

Yes you can use pink to neutralise the mint green, it usually works I think
Sweet thanks, what about the orange will that work too? Their both in the same colour family of reds and since red cancels out green and visa versa I'm hopping orange will work I would like to do a ombre of orange at the root and bright yellow on the ends.

@TattooGurl can I ask if you are a qualified hairdresser?
If not can I remind geeks that we do not give pro advice on this forum other than to recommend that the OP visits someone who is qualified in colour correction.

@TattooGurl can I ask if you are a qualified hairdresser?
If not can I remind geeks that we do not give pro advice on this forum other than to recommend that the OP visits someone who is qualified in colour correction.
No I'm not this is why I ask the simple question can I put a a premixed demi permanent hair none toxic no peroxide or ammonia colour over top of the leftover blue green staining without it looking gross. Colours like Manic Panic and Arctic Fox are sold everywhere and anyone licensed or not can buy them. I didn't ask about bleaching or colour correcting just will the orange or pink work on my hair. My hair is the operative word I'm not doing this to anyone else I'm doing this to myself if I fry it to the point it falls out of my head that's my problem, but Manic Panic hasn't made anyone go bald.

No I'm not this is why I ask the simple question can I put a a premixed demi permanent hair none toxic no peroxide or ammonia colour over top of the leftover blue green staining without it looking gross. Colours like Manic Panic and Arctic Fox are sold everywhere and anyone licensed or not can buy them. I didn't ask about bleaching or colour correcting just will the orange or pink work on my hair. My hair is the operative word I'm not doing this to anyone else I'm doing this to myself if I fry it to the point it falls out of my head that's my problem, but Manic Panic hasn't made anyone go bald.
It's nothing personal, it is however the rules of the site and it is my job to ensure those rules are followed. If further explanation is required I can refer you to the following post http://www.salongeek.com/threads/im-not-a-hair-geek-but.234340/

I would also add that if you are looking for DIY advice then there are many, many forums and sites available where you can get that information. Salon Geek is not one of those. It was set up to provide support and community for qualified people or those looking to gain a qualification only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back