Bluesky newbie

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To be honest I dont see the point in the original post, or am I missing something? It's not a question or a dilemma or asking for advice, it is basically just a statement saying 'I use a non professional nail brand, now lets have an argument about it because obviously it is going to get peoples backs up'. Sorry if that sounds harsh but it seems like it has been posted to be controversial. I understand what people mean when they say different things work for different people and I don't think therapists are meaning to be nasty by arguing against non pro products. I think some of us just get wound up because we are constantly trying to educate people on our industry and prove that it isn't a dummies game and when people are using products that are available to clients to buy at the same price I think it devalues our industry and our knowledge. I'm sure some will object to my opinions but it is just my personal opinion. Peace to everyone!

Bluesky Shellac Gel nail polish is manufactured under strict conditions and all colours are European and British safety standards approved, full MSDS available on request. Bluesky Nail Gel does not contain formeldahyde, and Bluesky products are not tested on animals. This is from the Oficial Authorised UK Suppliers. so what's the problem

Artistic bottles are 15ml Shellac bottles are only 7ml.
Artistic is cheaper per ml.

This.
Shellac comes in tiny bottles. Artistic works out much cheaper. You get less than half the product in a shellac bottle compared.

Bluesky Shellac Gel nail polish is manufactured under strict conditions and all colours are European and British safety standards approved, full MSDS available on request. Bluesky Nail Gel does not contain formeldahyde, and Bluesky products are not tested on animals. This is from the Oficial Authorised UK Suppliers. so what's the problem
It's STILL not a professional product!

I'm with you, I couldn't use anything I knew had been tested on animals, especially in Asia where the animal testing standard are abysmal. X
Bluesky Shellac Gel nail polish is manufactured under strict conditions and all colours are European and British safety standards approved, full MSDS available on request. Bluesky Nail Gel does not contain formeldahyde, and Bluesky products are not tested on animals.

YET! they all started somewhere!
Bluesky have made a name for themselves on the back of other professional products. They retail to the public via eBay, amazon etc and will sell to anyone and everyone. Regardless of where products start from these will never be professional by their very nature.

As has been said, the original point of this post is that the op tried bluesky. A totally uninteresting topic to begin with and has probably just been posted to be provocative. It stays on the nails. It comes off the nails. Hurrah! STILL not a professional product because anybody can buy it.

I would also add that informing your clients you're using bluesky shellac doesn't actually mean much. Most clients will just hear the word shellac. If they have a quick search on ebay they'll be delighted to find that they can buy it too! Most of my clients who have come across bluesky shellac think it's exactly the same as the one I use which it isn't!

Vic x

Bluesky have made a name for themselves on the back of other professional products. They retail to the public via eBay, amazon etc and will sell to anyone and everyone. Regardless of where products start from these will never be professional by their very nature.

As has been said, the original point of this post is that the op tried bluesky. A totally uninteresting topic to begin with and has probably just been posted to be provocative. It stays on the nails. It comes off the nails. Hurrah! STILL not a professional product because anybody can buy it.

I would also add that informing your clients you're using bluesky shellac doesn't actually mean much. Most clients will just hear the word shellac. If they have a quick search on ebay they'll be delighted to find that they can buy it too! Most of my clients who have come across bluesky shellac think it's exactly the same as the one I use which it isn't!

Vic x
you can buy gellish anywhere on the net and ebaytoo, as well as wholesalers, so whats that point all about?

Yes there are people who sell it on ebay etc but they aren't authorised stockists and there is no guarantee that the product is real or in date etc. also a lot of insurance companies don't cover you if anything goes wrong and it wasn't purchased from an authorised stockist.

you can buy gellish anywhere on the net and ebaytoo, as well as wholesalers, so whats that point all about?

You can buy CND shellac on eBay too. Doesn't mean it's legal or authorised.

The point is, as has been said, the suppliers of said products do not retail on ebay. Others may but you only need a quick glance at the amount of fake products on ebay to realise they may not be genuine. Bluesky, on the other hand DO retail on ebay. You never need to show any sort of qualification to buy 'genuine' bluesky. I wouldn't imagine anyone has made fakes of it!!!

Vic x

I mentioned testing on ANIMALS NOT how awful humans are treated in China ( i thats a whole othee subject) I NEVER BUY LEATHER FROM PRIMARK OR ANY OTHER CHEAP WEBSITE, humans have a choice (maybe not a very good one if you live 8n china) but animals don't " i jyst TRY and not buy BEAUTY PRODUCTS !! manufactered in CHINA ASIASparkle_Nails, post: 2407190, member: 106423"]So what phone you use? What car do you drive? Where do you buy your clothes from?

Can you be assured that NONE of those companies treat their workers fairly or test/don't test on animals? How many of your customers have an iPhone (who apparently treat their manufacturer workers awfully), wear Primark clothes (we all know about them) and then want products not tested on animals??

We can go on and on about shampoo, sun creams, washing up liquid etc etc...

When does it end??[/QUOTE I dont recall quoting on human
So what phone you use? What car do you drive? Where do you buy your clothes from?

Can you be assured that NONE of those companies treat their workers fairly or test/don't test on animals? How many of your customers have an iPhone (who apparently treat their manufacturer workers awfully), wear Primark clothes (we all know about them) and then want products not tested on animals??

We can go on and on about shampoo, sun creams, washing up liquid etc etc...

When does it end??

Ohh I thought it was created by a Chinese company ?

It may not be tested on animals here but by law any beauty product to be consumed by the populace in China must be tested on animals. Bluesy is manufactured in China.

Correct Jordan, was going to make that point. If its for sale in China then they must test in animals by their law. Also Podfromzog, you ought to stop using shellac in the blue sky name. Its just blue sky believe they got sent to court for trying to pass off their product as a reputable brand.

Hey guys... I'm looking at using a new gel polish... I have used opi and cnd shellac... Any other suggestions? I think $xx per polish is a bit excessive when trying to get a collection of colours... Open to ideas :)

[price removed]

Last edited by a moderator:
You could order the beauty express and ellisons book they have different gel polish at varying prices. Including an own brand salon services one. Gel polish is more expensive though it took me a while to build it up, but you need to factor the additional costs into your pricing.

Hey guys... I'm looking at using a new gel polish... I have used opi and cnd shellac... Any other suggestions? I think $xx per polish is a bit excessive when trying to get a collection of colours... Open to ideas :)

[price removed]
Maybe try a buy your essential colours first, red, a few pinks, a dark colour, French white and a nude and get some loose fine glitter to match them so you can create glitter gels and funk things up a bit. Then month by month add a few extra. It really is worth the money spending a bit more on a reputable brand such as CND and when you break it down to each treatment cost it doesn't look so bad [emoji1] xx

You'll soon have a nice collection if you do that and you and your customers can get excited for the new colour, me as my customers do. And you can introduce the new colours as they arrive via your social media pages of you use them and within your salon with little signs etc xx

Latest posts

Back