Bonus for self employed salon members

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Does anyone offer rewards for self employed salon members. We work on percentage split and it works really well, I have one particularly good stylist that will stay late, start early and I know it's their own business and they earn good money. They also pay me good money as its % what would you recommend as a thank you ?

Why! If they are self employed. I realise you are just being kind and friendly. They work hard and are rewarded by a good wage. You get your percentage for your part. If they were employed and you gave them a wage every week, do you think they're would hand you back £30 and say thanks for giving me a job.

I don't think it's necessary tbh
Reward them with a paid leaflet drop, that way they get more business for no extra input, but you get more too

Yeah I do agree with what your saying, I was just thinking of adding incentives once the % went over a certain figure, as I've been on the opposite side and thought of how much money I'm bringing to the salon owner and that I get no extra thanks for going that extra bit more than the others.

Treatment on the house.
A training course if it's free for you to enter them with a company who you hold an account with.
A gift.

Depends what they're motivated by but I think it's good what you want to do.

My self employed girl gets same treatment as my staff......free hair, Christmas work do paid and Christmas gift . Think that's enough and she appreciates it x

Yeah I do agree with what your saying, I was just thinking of adding incentives once the % went over a certain figure, as I've been on the opposite side and thought of how much money I'm bringing to the salon owner and that I get no extra thanks for going that extra bit more than the others.

I suppose a little gift / reward wouldn't hurt tbh, it shows you care. You've just got to Becareful not to make a rod for your own back, she might expect it every week/ month, then you could lose out.

Latest posts

Back