Booked a stand at a mummy fair; any advice welcome

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shelley_d

Reaction score
Hi girls & boys.

I have just booked a stand a local event that is taking place in March. I am going to offer a free file & polish on the day and a discount for bookings made on the day as well. I have never done anything like this before and any advice or tips would b greatly appreciated.

Thanks Shelley X

Shelley, couple of things 1) you will probably be inundated with people wanting the free file and polish so brace yourself 2) Its a really good idea to have remover and cotton wool there for people to remove any polish they may already have on or otherwise you will spend half your time doing that.
Hope it goes well for you x

I would also say, make sure you are armed with plenty of business cards and price lists...don't let anyone leave after having a polish, without taking one.

Remember to talk about yourself and what you do as well....it can be easy to get caught up in a random conversation and then they've left and you haven't had time to make a booking.

maybe make a time sheet and a pen for people to write their names down, this way people aren't interupting you whilst you're with another client, make sure you give yourself enough time between clients :D x

after many years of doing fairs ect i would say charge for your file and polish dont do it for free you will spend all day doing those and have no time to talk to people ,if you charge that way you attraect those poeple who are genunilly intersted rether than those out for a free bee only charge a £5 or something like that and may be donate it to a charity .

make sure everyone has your price list and business card goodluck :D

as said above maybe you should charge, i also find with these events that people will smudge their nails and they will expect you to redo them for free, if they pay they will be more careful, if they are having it free they will most likely be back a few times x

Thanks for all the tips, there great. I will have a rethink about the free file & polish. I'm going to take my daughter as well,she can help with taking bookings and letting people know what treatments I offer, she is at college doing beauty NVQ 2, so she will know what she is talking about as well. X :)

Shelley X

i belive that a great way to have a further contact with all these people, is to inform them about your social media pages (facebook). in order to get them in your fanpage , run a n contest these days that the fair will be. so after the show , you will have a contact with them. so please write down also their mails. as i understand , i ma not sure this fair focus more about mother. so it would be wise to have a little show like a demonstartion in a topic like "how to teach your child to do a massage to you, the mummy" or something like that

Hi girls & boys.

I have just booked a stand a local event that is taking place in March. I am going to offer a free file & polish on the day and a discount for bookings made on the day as well. I have never done anything like this before and any advice or tips would b greatly appreciated.

Thanks Shelley X

Why don't you offer free glitter tattoos instead. They are less time consuming, effective, fun and will give you a chance to talk about yourself and the other treatments you do.:lol:

Back