Boss issues while pregnant

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beautytherapist1234

Reaction score
Hi everyone I'm really new to this so hope im posting in there right place!
I'm 14 weeks pregnant and I work for a small beauty salon. My midwife suggested cutting my hours down slightly and trying not to do long massages as I was finding I was going dizzy. However my boss seems to have a massive issue with this. She doesn't want me to stop doing long treatments and won't let me change my hours. She is also really funny about antenal appointment and as I'm classed as a high risk pregnancy I have to be there every week sometimes. She sends me frequent emails asking about what was said in the appointment which I think is a bit invasive and she has also started commenting on my appearance a lot more. Can anyone share any advice as to how I can deal with this?

You are entitled to reasonable time off for antenatal care and should be paid for this time. As an employer she should also be doing a thorough risk assessment on you your job roles. Should certain activities be considered to be posing a risk to you and your baby, she should be making reasonable adjustments to your duties or change your role (without reducing pay or benefits) to keep you safe. If she is unable to do this she must suspend you on full pay for as long as necessary to protect you and your baby. Check out acas.org.uk - you will be able to see exactly what you are entitled to.

You are entitled to reasonable time off for antenatal care and should be paid for this time. As an employer she should also be doing a thorough risk assessment on you your job roles. Should certain activities be considered to be posing a risk to you and your baby, she should be making reasonable adjustments to your duties or change your role (without reducing pay or benefits) to keep you safe. If she is unable to do this she must suspend you on full pay for as long as necessary to protect you and your baby. Check out acas.org.uk - you will be able to see exactly what you are entitled to.
I'll have a look on acas thank you

Oh PicklePie I kind of know how you feel here. My boss was the most unsympathetic person when I was suffering with terrible morning sickness and kind of in general through the whole pregnancy, working without a lunch break etc. But Beautytherapist1234 is right by law a risk assessment has to be done if needs be seek advice from the citizens advice bureau. Your priority at the moment is looking after yourself and your baby, remember we are all here when you need to vent!

Latest posts

Back