Botox and dermal fillers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Juvenescent

Reaction score
Hey peeps, I am a newbie geek, so please be gentle with me!!! I am fully trained and qualified to administer botox and dermal filler injection and looking to expand to begin injecting more. At the moment its just something I do very part-time but relocating to London next month and looking to take it up more regularly and build a client base. Can anyone lend any helpful hints/tips/advice??

Loo xx:lol:

Hey peeps, I am a newbie geek, so please be gentle with me!!! I am fully trained and qualified to administer botox and dermal filler injection and looking to expand to begin injecting more. At the moment its just something I do very part-time but relocating to London next month and looking to take it up more regularly and build a client base. Can anyone lend any helpful hints/tips/advice??

Loo xx:lol:

Hiya. Welcome! Are you a prescriber? If not you may want to look at the new NMC guidelines on non nurse prescribers who administer botox, it is saying you shouldn't do it even if the prescriber assesses the client remotely. We will have to wait and see when the GMC and GDC change their guidelines on prescribing toxin to others too. That will then mean that only prescribers can administer POM or those who are located within the same clinic as a prescriber. xx

Hi there,

Thanks for the tip, I am not a prescriber, was using a remote prescriber. I will look into it and obtain advice!!

Can you recommend an insurance company?? I have been told to use Hamilton Fraser, still waiting on a quote back from them x

Hi there,

Thanks for the tip, I am not a prescriber, was using a remote prescriber. I will look into it and obtain advice!!

Can you recommend an insurance company?? I have been told to use Hamilton Fraser, still waiting on a quote back from them x

Ah hun, the NMC have made it clear that you cannot administer botox from a remote prescription, they say if the prescriber assesses the patient in another location then the prescription is then remote. If you administer botox this way you will face disciplinary action which means you could get struck off the register. There is a doctor who states that some botox administration is medical not cosmetic and the regulations do not apply. However, I spoke to them today and they say that you can only administer from a remote prescription in exceptional circumstances which they defined as being life threatening situations or whereby you need to control otherwise uncontrolled pain. That then means that botox does not fall into this category even for medical treatment!

Sorry to impart bad news to you but it looks like all the training companies are telling nurses this and the doctors and dentists are changing their practice too in stopping all remote prescribing/consultations.

Hi there,

As smooth has said, go and do your prescribing course. Takes over your life for six months, but if you are wanting to pursue your career in medical aesthetics it really has now become a necessity. You won't regret it.

As smooth has said, go and do your prescribing course. Takes over your life for six months, but if you are wanting to pursue your career in medical aesthetics it really has now become a necessity. You won't regret it.

Sorry for hijacking this post a little but I have a question about becoming a prescriber - as I understand it you need to be 'sponsored' by a doc to take the course, is this correct? I've been working alone for a while and wouldn't know where to start!

Latest posts

Back