Botox at excel?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EMMA AT ELITE

Reaction score

Hi All,

Does anyone know what companies if any are going to be doing botox treatments at Excel beauty show next month?

Many thanks

Love Emma x

No idea, but if you want botox, zip over the bridge to mine in Kent, I have a doctor visit the salon every Thursday.

I would think Dr Helena Benson will be as I do know she usually does at
the shows that she exhibits at if that helps hon.

Angie. xx

No idea, but if you want botox, zip over the bridge to mine in Kent, I have a doctor visit the salon every Thursday.
Thanks for that but I am asking for my fiend (who is a salon owner) as she wanted it done while she was there, killing 2 birds and all that :hug:

I would think Dr Helena Benson will be as I do know she usually does at
the shows that she exhibits at if that helps hon.

Angie. xx

Hi Angie,
I have googled Dr Helen Benson, and yes she is there at Excel this year stand number H01, I have her details and will give her clinic a call.
Thank you very much for that :hug:

You know, what really concerns me about this practice is how on earth can any follow up be achieved? And really - is a stand at a beauty show the most professional (and safest) environment to be offering and receiving botox? Personally, I think not. This IMO is the kind of practice that devalues aesthetic procedures and underminds everything the industry has strived to achieve. (Dr or not)!

You know, what really concerns me about this practice is how on earth can any follow up be achieved? And really - is a stand at a beauty show the most professional (and safest) environment to be offering and receiving botox? Personally, I think not. This IMO is the kind of practice that devalues aesthetic procedures and underminds everything the industry has strived to achieve. (Dr or not)!

Will she actually be administering it though or just giving a lecture?There are a lot of procedures carried out like this at these shows i.e semi permanent make up.I think it's a sign of the times.:hug:

Will she actually be administering it though or just giving a lecture?There are a lot of procedures carried out like this at these shows i.e semi permanent make up.I think it's a sign of the times.:hug:

"doing botox treatments" I take to mean - administering botox?!? I disagree (and really not meaning to be rude) that botox is in any way 'like' semi permanent make-up or 'these kinds of treatments'. Botulinum treatment (botox) is a prescription only medical procedure which should be administered in the appropriate clinical environment and is not without risk, and I make absolutely no bones about saying on record that this is totally unprofessional and underminds the whole area of medical aesthetics. This is exactly why myself and fellow medical professionals in this industry have been crying out for tighter regulation. (It is on its way - a sign of the times that these practices will become a thing of the past - and not soon enough)! These procedures must be taken more seriously.

I completely agree Daisyl. Its like teeth whitening treatments in a salon. Dentists spend years studying their profession. Personally if I have any of these things done I'm going to a suitably qualified professional.

I do think that aesthetic treatments should be done in an appropriate environment, at a beauty show in front of thousands of people is probably not classed as an appropriate environment. However, just because you are a medical professional, it doesn't make you instantly experienced and the best person to inject. I work for a training company and have seen many doctors and nurses fail the course for poor practice whilst injecting.

We have opened our training to others now, our first was a dental nurse and she was amazing! We trained a phlebotamist who has no medical knowledge and again was a fabulous injector.

There is a lot of snobbery when it comes to botox but as long as whoever is injecting you allows you to have a consultation with a prescriber anyone (and I mean anyone) can legally give you that injection!

I do think that aesthetic treatments should be done in an appropriate environment, at a beauty show in front of thousands of people is probably not classed as an appropriate environment. However, just because you are a medical professional, it doesn't make you instantly experienced and the best person to inject. I work for a training company and have seen many doctors and nurses fail the course for poor practice whilst injecting.

We have opened our training to others now, our first was a dental nurse and she was amazing! We trained a phlebotamist who has no medical knowledge and again was a fabulous injector.

There is a lot of snobbery when it comes to botox but as long as whoever is injecting you allows you to have a consultation with a prescriber anyone (and I mean anyone) can legally give you that injection!

I guess the question to the general public would be who would you prefer injecting you with prescriptive medicines? You can apply whatever slant you want to it - the public will vote with their actions (and do so).

Its not about snobbery - its about protecting the public and patient safety. And so, I totally disagree with your arguments, as does the IHAS - any consumers in any doubt - check out their information to the general public on their website.

The public are far better protected in the case of any adverse reactions if the person injecting is a medical professional (Dr/Nurse/Dentist). They are subject to regulations which therapists etc are not - such as the Medicines Act etc etc. There is no accountability! Snobbery - quite frankly that argument is ridiculous. However, you do seem hell bent on trying to discredit my posts for some bizarre reason - and so I will leave you to get on with it in your own way!

ITS ABOUT PUBLIC SAFETY. Not to be underestimated!

I am done.

Last edited:
I have to say if we are wanting to keep the public safe then injecting them with botox unless it is to correct a disfigurement should be banned outright! Nurse, doctor or whoever is doing it.

I have to say if we are wanting to keep the public safe then injecting them with botox unless it is to correct a disfigurement should be banned outright! Nurse, doctor or whoever is doing it.

Not a fan then? :D

Anyone who administers a prescription only medicine has to comply with the regulations on it as it is the law, which no one is above!

I agree though, a beauty show is not the way forward, how on earth are they washing their hands between people and if you have a look at the requirements for administering treatments at these shows it states that alcohol gel is not sufficient to use and you must prove that you can wash your hands between patients.

SPMU looks really uncomfortable, how does that not put other people off?

Latest posts

Back