Boyfriend shoping for CND Shellac (please help!)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deano

Reaction score
Hi all,

Signed up to the site to get a little bit of help in regards to getting CND Shellac for my mrs.

I thought I was doing well and never normally find myself having difficulties... But I bought a load of stuff from a company called "Beverly Beaute", which after some research (when the products still haven't arrived) I can see your posts in regards to NOT buying from then.

Thankfully my bank are looking into refunding me the money. Fingers crossed.

ANYWAY. That leaves me in the lurch ten days before xmas to grab these items AGAIN.

My question to you lot, is WHERE? I've seen a few places online that sell it but not willing to get stung again... I've asked some peeps on facebook (hidden from the mrs) and some say that Amazon have CND Shellac and its genuine products, then when I look on amazon, to be fair the reviews look promising however then you get the odd 1 out of 100 comment that says.... NOT REAL, which sways me again.

My partner is a qualified beauty therapist but works for a Salon, she's about to start doing her friends and family as her mum got her the proper UV lamp etc... So now I need to get sorted and find the products in time for xmas?! Anyone? :)

I purchased from Beverly Beaute (which never came yet) 1 x Intimates Collection, 1 x Base & Top Coat & a couple darker colours. So looking to try go with that again.

Hi,
It's lovely that you are trying to organise this gift however you'll find a few hurdles to get over first.
Shellac (genuine) is only sold by 2 wholesalers in the UK - Ellisons and Sweet Squared - both of which will need to see certificates before you can order.
It's also really important to use the CND light with Shellac otherwise you are risk of under curing the product which can start sensitivities problems in the long run as well as the shellac lifting from the nail within a few days. If you are able to open an account, a CND light and a few colours, base and top coat will set you back towards the £300 mark roughly.

My suggestion would be to find out what brand of gel polish your partner uses at work (and therefore has a training certificate for) and take it from there.
Come back to us for further advice once you know this.

My hubby bought me a steamer once, still love it now (and hubby of course...:rolleyes: )

Hi,
It's lovely that you are trying to organise this gift however you'll find a few hurdles to get over first.
Shellac (genuine) is only sold by 2 wholesalers in the UK - Ellisons and Sweet Squared - both of which will need to see certificates before you can order.
It's also really important to use the CND light with Shellac otherwise you are risk of under curing the product which can start sensitivities problems in the long run as well as the shellac lifting from the nail within a few days. If you are able to open an account, a CND light and a few colours, base and top coat will set you back towards the £300 mark roughly.

My suggestion would be to find out what brand of gel polish your partner uses at work (and therefore has a training certificate for) and take it from there.
Come back to us for further advice once you know this.

My hubby bought me a steamer once, still love it now (and hubby of course...:rolleyes: )

Hey thanks for your reply.

Tell me about it! I get why there is hurdles but does it have to be this hard? Haha!

My girlfriend is qualified for using Shellac as that's what they use in her Salon. I could have asked her boss but then I don't think that's the best point of contact if she's looking to do her family and friends and don't want her boss getting the wrong idea.

Its just about getting the items at this point. So the amazon one's are a NO go?

I have friends who work in beauty and I'm onto them too, who likely have the ability to find / buy them from places like Sally's (but not actually sallys).

Haha! Good LAD!

Can you photograph your partners certificates?
If so you could open an account sending her evidence in for her. It's all done on line.
These companies deliver next day.

If so you could open an account sending her evidence in for her. It's all done on line.

Not without her knowing about it I'd imagine. Unless I asked her boss but again I don't want to ask her boss, I'd also feel uncomfortable uploading her certificates onto this site or any without her permission. My best bet may be friends I have who might also hold these qualifications yeah?

CFBS meant you can open an account with Sweet Squared with photographs of her certificates. Not to upload them here x

CFBS meant you can open an account with Sweet Squared with photographs of her certificates. Not to upload them here x

Its funny you should say that. A friend who has the qualifications and an account with SweetSquared managed to help me out! Panic over haha! Everyone had good custom with them yeah?

Great. Yes they have excellent customer service. I'm sure your gf will be thrilled with her gift x

Latest posts

Back