Brand new, a few questions :)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There was nothing untoward with the original post as it related to a query by someone interested in becoming a professional, so why was it moved to the consumer section?

Anything to do with mentioning the dreaded word 'ebay' perhaps???

Perhaps the forum should be renamed CND/Shellac/S2 lovers only and a ban on using the word ebay in any non-consumer post?

Feel the lurve...:eek:

The person writing the original post is a not a professional .. therefore a consumer .. therefore it has been moved to the consumer forum as it should be. Another silly post and another silly question.
Ebay is not a professional place to buy products .. it is a place where non professionals go to buy . If they were professionals they would buy from a professionally recognised legally authorized source of supply .. naturally. What is it to do with lURVE, bumblebungle? :rolleyes:

Not to mention prep of the nail ie cuticle work antibacterial work.I think wot some are trying to say is training is essential for contraindications things you wouldn't even think may matter application finishing protecting the well being of your client and urself INSURANCE and I saved for a long long time for my course and products and I did it the right way.to be quite honest your post was bound to have some negative feed back.I'm interested to know what u would do if you did someone's nails and something happened and they sued you for something u would have no insurance what would you do !!!!!!!! I'm interested to know to be quite honest I wouldn't just think hmmm I might start hairdressing and just go and cut someone's hair lol

As a bonified, educated, trained and qualified nail professional, I would sincerely appreciate it, Mrs Harry Winston, if you would remove "Nail Professional" from your profile.

You are not a nail professional.

Not to mention prep of the nail ie cuticle work antibacterial work.I think wot some are trying to say is training is essential for contraindications things you wouldn't even think may matter application finishing protecting the well being of your client and urself INSURANCE and I saved for a long long time for my course and products and I did it the right way.to be quite honest your post was bound to have some negative feed back.I'm interested to know what u would do if you did someone's nails and something happened and they sued you for something u would have no insurance what would you do !!!!!!!! I'm interested to know to be quite honest I wouldn't just think hmmm I might start hairdressing and just go and cut someone's hair lol

I thought maybe you and I could read a book Crystal and perform brain surgery then rocket science. Same principle according to the OP.

I thought maybe you and I could read a book Crystal and perform brain surgery then rocket science. Same principle according to the OP.

We need to read a medical book I think you should do a lil bit of brain surgery on me I'll amputate your leg and then surely we would be professionals as we have given it a go and resurched on you tube but we have got to get our tools off eBay otherwise it wouldn't count:biggrin:Lol

So in tune !!

Interesting!

Sorry, I must have been mistaken but I thought it said for 'professional or aspiring professionals'.

However, it no longer does so...

Also, what's with the name calling?

Interesting!

Sorry, I must have been mistaken but I thought it said for 'professional or aspiring professionals'.

However, it no longer does so...

Also, what's with the name calling?

I thought I would just point out that on this ladies profile it states this lady is a nail professional and she uses nsi products when actualy as the ladies thread discloses that she hasn't done nails no training and she hasn't got nsi products that she's going on eBay to buy cheep products to practice with so what part of this lady is a professional and what part does she use nsi it's already been said that nsi isn't an option at the min as the lady can't afford it :mad::mad:

Now I am ready for this post to upset some people and their might be pitchforks and torches but i have to ask.

So what do you think? Is this one time where a person can order an eBay kit without everyone going "Noooooo! Die! Die!"?

Ahem! I think these two quotes sum it all up really.

Michelle

Good god. When I filled out the questionare I thought I checked one that said "aspiring nail professional". It asked what product I used and I thought "well once I'm done training I will probably use NSI so I'll throw that in there so they know which way im leaning".
I said that I was thinking of using an eBay kit to play around and make sure I truly want to go ahead in a career with this. An inexpensive test before taking the big leap.

As to hair extensions. You are being rediculous. I grew up in a small city with no other black ppm so I had to teach myself how to do my own hair. I got good at braid in extentions. As more blacks came fir the university we got to know one another and asked me to do their hair. They loved the job so they paid ms for it. Insurance to braid ppls hair? Are you NUTS? We sit in the living room and watch movies while doing it. Come on now!

I KNOW I need training. I SAID I was using Gina Wallace if I decided to take the big leap. It's like you people hear eBay and lose your minds. I can't believe how close minded ppl are being. I was just wondering if eBay was a safe and decent way to play around before investing $500 in formal schooling. My comment about being able to learn outside a class was your comment as to how I couldn't possibly even begin to know what to do with it once I got it. No my technique WON'T be great. I just want to see how I feel about it.

As to "I just tell it like it is." that is the line used time and again by people that simply don't care enough to communicate in a way that is less abrasive and offensive to those around them. Being experienced does NOT give you the right to attack newbies that you dont understand or agree with.

This forum has great advice and I was SUPER excited to learn from you all and hopefully start my formal training soon. But in my two days of posting I'm DISGUSTED by your attitudes. I have NEVER come across a group of people so exclusive or judgmental.

Im known for having a tough skin and I can't believe how hurt I am. That a bunch of faceless ppl on the Internet actually hurt my feelings. It's sickening.

Good god. When I filled out the questionare I thought I checked one that said "aspiring nail professional". It asked what product I used and I thought "well once I'm done training I will probably use NSI so I'll throw that in there so they know which way im leaning".
I said that I was thinking of using an eBay kit to play around and make sure I truly want to go ahead in a career with this. An inexpensive test before taking the big leap.

As to hair extensions. You are being rediculous. I grew up in a small city with no other black ppm so I had to teach myself how to do my own hair. I got good at braid in extentions. As more blacks came fir the university we got to
know one another and asked me to do their hair. They loved the job so they paid ms for it. Insurance to braid ppls hair? Are you NUTS? We sit in the living room and watch movies while doing it. Come on now!

I KNOW I need training. I SAID I was using Gina Wallace if I decided to take the big leap. It's like you people hear eBay and lose your minds. I can't believe how close minded ppl are being. I was just wondering if eBay was a safe and decent way to play around before investing $500 in formal schooling. My comment about being able to learn outside a class was your comment as to how I couldn't possibly even begin to know what to do with it once I got it. No my technique WON'T be great. I just want to see how I feel about iAs to "I just tell it like it is." that is the line used time and again by people that simply don't care enough to communicate in a way that is less abrasive and offensive to those around them. Being experienced does NOT give you the right to attack newbies that you dont understand or agree with.

This forum has great advice and I was SUPER excited to learn from you all and hopefully start my formal training soon. But in my two days of posting I'm DISGUSTED by your attitudes. I have NEVER come across a group of people so exclusive or judgmental.

Im known for having a tough skin and I can't believe how hurt I am. That a bunch of faceless ppl on the Internet actually hurt my feelings. It's sickening.
are you being serious this is very play ground speak you asked for replies and that is wot you got you have contradicted yourself many times in your thread and may I add yet again you are not a professional as yet and you are not using nsi as yet I don't think any one has been nasty at all as for INSURANCE it is inperitive you have it weather your doing treatment at home or not I'm sure a lot of geeks have found your thread a bit offensive as we have worked are asses off to be where we are and paid good money to become professionals not just picked up a book and gone on you tube and called ourselves a professional as for SICKENING war is sickening poverty is sickening not people giving you there opinion it's not the eBay thing that has riled people is your use of text and the things you have said in your thread you made it sound like you knew exactly how to do nails by reading a couple of books and your low down bullet points on how to do nails u missed the most important ingredient which is prep of the nail lol so all these lil things you have got to expect geeks to have an opinion you will be entering a very critical business and if you can't handle opinions then I dint know what u would do

Hey Mrs HW

Please don't let the minority upset you.
Seriously, you don't have to justify yourself to anyone on here.
It's sad that some people cannot ditch the playground mentality but that's their problem and not ours.

I wish you luck in your endeavours. It's a very big world out there and plenty of room for us all. :Love:

Hey Mrs HW

Please don't let the minority upset you.
Seriously, you don't have to justify yourself to anyone on here.
It's sad that some people cannot ditch the playground mentality but that's their problem and not ours.

I wish you luck in your endeavours. It's a very big world out there and plenty of room for us all. :Love:

Hold on a minuite hm ask for people's opinions and that is what she got and no one said there isn't room for hm in the nail world there is room with the proper training and insurance and not calling yourself a professional before u actualy are just because I have put out a bonfire in the garden dosnt make me a fireman does it

Mrs.HarryWinston, I wanted to add this, but I had to check the facts with my colleague last night. She has a client that she services who bought an ebay kit because she wanted to do her own nails. A really lovely lady who just wanted to see if she had the talent for it...just like you. Watched youtube videos, read an article or two.

After a couple of applications, she developed an infection on her right thumb. The infection became gangrenous. The end result was that her finger was amputated just above the knuckle.

Had she had the proper training, she would have realized how the infection was caused...she had, indeed, caused it herself by contaminating her monomer. She also would have known how to identify the problem and when it had reached "critical mass."

You see, MrsHarryWinston, it's much more than just slapping product on a nail. If it were that easy, you could take a course for a couple of hours rather than the hundreds of hours it's taken us, not to mention the thousands of dollars we've spent. The book would be a leaflet, not hundreds of pages thick. You wouldn't need insurance either if it were as easy as picking up a bead and laying it on a nail. But it isn't. You could cause yourself great harm by not knowing the chemistry and science behind the product and the care and maintenance of the nail.

We went on the "attack" when you belittled us when, in a nutshell, you gave a bulleted list telling us pros how our jobs are done. Our jobs are much, much more than that. You insulted us.

You need to remove nail professional from your profile. You are not a nail professional, MrsHarryWinston.

I am.

Last edited:
Mrs.HarryWinston, I wanted to add this, but I had to check the facts with my colleague last night. She has a client that she services who bought an ebay kit because she wanted to do her own nails. A really lovely lady who just wanted to see if she had the talent for it...just like you. Watched youtube videos, read an article or two.

After a couple of applications, she developed an infection on her right thumb. The infection became gangrenous. The end result was that her finger

was amputated just above the knuckle.

Had she had the proper training, she would have realized how the infection was caused...she had, indeed, caused it herself by contaminating her monomer. She also would have known how to identify the problem and when it had reached "critical mass."

You see, MrsHarryWinston, it's much more than just slapping product on a nail. If it were that easy, you could take a course for a couple of hours rather than the hundreds of hours it's taken us, not to mention the thousands of dollars we've spent. The book would be a leaflet, not hundreds of pages thick. You wouldn't need insurance either if it were as easy as picking up a bead and laying it on a nail. But it isn't. You could cause yourself great harm by not knowing the chemistry and science behind the product and the care and maintenance of the nail.

We went on the "attack" when you belittled us when, in a nutshell, you gave a bulleted list telling us pros how our jobs are done. Our jobs are much, much more than that. You insulted us.

You need to remove nail professional from your profile. You are not a nail professional, MrsHarryWinston.

I am.
This exactly wot I've been trying to get across gr8nails:biggrin:It's hard to explain to someone that is clearly ignorant to the whole aspect if nails this thread has P*s*e* me off so much and then to be told that I'm this that and the other even though I know wot I'm goin on about so do you even more so than me and the others and I and every one else is a bloody professional the cheek of it you know wot ive tried to explain the risks you have hit the nail on the head :biggrin: If that isn't enough to put someone off to do nails with no training then I don't know wot is big love gr8nails

Every one of us started out in a state of ignorance ... Every one of us. But to learn ( if you really have the desire to learn) you need to go to the best ... And home learn is not it ... Loads of info missing and they don't even teach you to use White powder which is why we see so many awful images of White tips.

Home learn is a start but only a start ... You need to move on immediately with further education ... A very expensive way to learn when you can do it all from the get go with an excellent training provider

Some will never listen. Later they post here .. "if only I had trained with XXX from the beginning.". How many times have we heard that here. One tries to help and save people from the pitfalls of inadequate education but .... Most only want to hear that their choice is the right one!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back