Brazilian Blowdry on African hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dazzleuk

Reaction score
I have done Brazilian blow dry before with excellent results. My daughter also has afro hair albiet not as dry and coarse as my recent client yesterday.
I think she could have won the world record for the thickest hair ever. But 8 hours later (yes 8 hours lol) it looked beautiful. Today she has emailed me saying it is getting very fluffy. She is very much aware that this treatment will not totally straighten her hair when but relaxe her curl and less the frizz. I can stand confident that after 3 treatments my daughters hair is now virtually straight. BUT my daughters hair was not the same texture. I am now lacking confidence in the outcome :-( she wants to know what she can do to reduce the fluffiness. I said I would pick her up some aragon (sp) oil can anyone who has experience with afro hair and brazilian blow dry offer any suggestions? of best products that are sodium and sulfate free? I feel a but deflated that I worked so hard on her hair and that she is now thinking she just wasted her money :-(

I used a keratin blow-dry product on a client with Afro hair. When she left it was amazing, she then rang me a few days later and complained she wanted all her money back as her hair was still frizzy after she had washed it.....I was gutted it hadn't worked but when she came in I agreed it was as she said and refunded her.

6 weeks later when she came for her trim after I washed it and started to blow-dry I found it soft and smoothed out really easily with the brush and I didn't even need to straighten it, so in my opinion it had worked great for her as her hair must hAve been easier to manage, but her expectations were that it would look like that with no effort at all, just by leaving it to dry on it's own,

On European hair maybe but not Afro.........but it was my fault for not making it clear.......check her hair yourself by washing it first and see just how much it has been improved, all the Altern products are sulphate free and the Kendi anti frizz oil is great for that hair type.

I used a keratin blow-dry product on a client with Afro hair. When she left it was amazing, she then rang me a few days later and complained she wanted all her money back as her hair was still frizzy after she had washed it.....I was gutted it hadn't worked but when she came in I agreed it was as she said and refunded her.

6 weeks later when she came for her trim after I washed it and started to blow-dry I found it soft and smoothed out really easily with the brush and I didn't even need to straighten it, so in my opinion it had worked great for her as her hair must hAve been easier to manage, but her expectations were that it would look like that with no effort at all, just by leaving it to dry on it's own,

On European hair maybe but not Afro.........but it was my fault for not making it clear.......check her hair yourself by washing it first and see just how much it has been improved, all the Altern products are sulphate free and the Kendi anti frizz oil is great for that hair type.
I have an info package which clearly states that the blowdry will not produce straight hair... but more manageable hair. I have done enough research on the product and my daughters hair has taught me lots. My client is happy (ish) I know she was hoping for a miracle... BUT I was VERY honest with herthe proof will be in the pudding when she washes it and she realises her hair is MORE manageable... I have advised as with my daughters hair that it will take AT LEAST 3 applications for her hair to tame down. But never have I guarenteed straight hair.
This lovely lady had so much hair and so curly and sooooo coarse. My daughters hair on first application took me 5 hours. This application took me 8 hours. So that in itself you can imagine how much hair she had... I can only hope when she washes it ... she will be happy x otherwise I will be gutted x

I always state the treatment won't straighten, but so many clients go deaf at that point, and expect the sea to part, oh no sorry that would be a miracle wouldn't it?? That's what a find a lot expect a miracle no matter how many times I explain, how many times they read the literature I give them to take home, no matter what mg website states! Unfortunately they've read the press a year or so ago when they hyped the formaldehyde products, unfortunately that is all the public still think it does. Sorry I'm ranting now, having a bad experience with my product at the mo, was fantastic now it's crap x

I have done Brazilian blow dry before with excellent results. My daughter also has afro hair albiet not as dry and coarse as my recent client yesterday.
I think she could have won the world record for the thickest hair ever. But 8 hours later (yes 8 hours lol) it looked beautiful. Today she has emailed me saying it is getting very fluffy. She is very much aware that this treatment will not totally straighten her hair when but relaxe her curl and less the frizz. I can stand confident that after 3 treatments my daughters hair is now virtually straight. BUT my daughters hair was not the same texture. I am now lacking confidence in the outcome :-( she wants to know what she can do to reduce the fluffiness. I said I would pick her up some aragon (sp) oil can anyone who has experience with afro hair and brazilian blow dry offer any suggestions? of best products that are sodium and sulfate free? I feel a but deflated that I worked so hard on her hair and that she is now thinking she just wasted her money :-(
BRILLIANT update... I had a heartfelt email from my client that I spent 8 hours doing her braziliant blowdry... I just sat and cried.
She emailed me o say for the first tme in her entire life she has been able to wash, dry and straighten her hair. Never with chemical straightening could she do this. She was so over the moon!! I was so worried all that time and effort went unrewarded... I was so wrong. Once she washed her hair, too my advice and bought products and hair straightener of my reccomendation she was truly amazed at how easy her hair has become :) I hope it will not take me another 8 hours to do next time lol but I m overjoyed at the result and the very kind heartfelt email x

BRILLIANT update... I had a heartfelt email from my client that I spent 8 hours doing her braziliant blowdry... I just sat and cried.
She emailed me o say for the first tme in her entire life she has been able to wash, dry and straighten her hair. Never with chemical straightening could she do this. She was so over the moon!! I was so worried all that time and effort went unrewarded... I was so wrong. Once she washed her hair, too my advice and bought products and hair straightener of my reccomendation she was truly amazed at how easy her hair has become :) I hope it will not take me another 8 hours to do next time lol but I m overjoyed at the result and the very kind heartfelt email x
Great news! So nice when clients take the time to let you know they're happy. Which one are you using?
X

It's nice to hear a positive about bbd's for once! So, just out of interest, what brand did you use? I really want to offer this service mobile but the last brand I trialled put me right off! Glad to hear you had really nice positive feedback :)

It's nice to hear a positive about bbd's for once! So, just out of interest, what brand did you use? I really want to offer this service mobile but the last brand I trialled put me right off! Glad to hear you had really nice positive feedback :)

My last Brazilian blow dry put me of to, as client said wasn't much difference, would be nice to see what other professionals use :)

Latest posts

Back