Brexit buying

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wonderwoman

Reaction score
I thought I would make a post about Brexit buying. It's happening, prices have been rising on menial disposable things like orange wood sticks, spatulas, nail files, wax pots, amongst other essentials. We haven't even left but I feel the pinch of some products.

I'm waiting until March/April time to see just how much everything will rise before i put it up my prices hopefully in June. I would have done it now but due to the uncertainly and most suppliers waiting a little bit longer with new catalogs and the majority raising prices, it seems inevitable the prices will hike even more. Therefore I making this post for most salon owners/therapist to start thinking about bulk buying now as the prices are slightly reasonable. I don't want panic buying but to plan for the future, I started my business in the recession and it took me three years to land on my feet. The Vat going from 17.5% to 15% to 17.5% to 20% some of it helped.

However it looks more and more likely that exporting goods for businesses will have to deal with inflation, as our initial price of goods will cost more. Meaning regardless of where we get our goods from china, usa, eu, etc we have to look at product costings more and whether to absorb or pass on the changes. We might get more goods costing more on customs charges. All of this factors in. Every brand you have might start costing more. Look at these variable influences at beauty shows, think about buying with vat off etc

Just like the regulations coming into play next year, all the mandatory legal requirements for level 4 courses in the chosen fields. This year is the best time to do it, as the prices on courses next year will hike up so much. It's worthwhile for those in aesthetic roles to think about these courses.

I'm sorry if I've bored you to death but i just wanted people in businesses to start thinking about the changes coming into our industry in 2017/2018. xoxo

I hope so so much that Brexit doesn't happen. I can't see what favours it will do anyone.

Latest posts

Back