Bridal hair and make up- starting a business

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lisatrendy

Reaction score
Hello :)

I'm new here and wondered if anyone had any tips or advice on starting up their own Bridal hair and make up business. I complete my Bridal make up and hair training at AOFM at the end of March. I will be writing out a business plan, building up a portfolio (using friends), and will have a website set up. At the moment I will be doing this part time (at weekends or after work) but would eventually love to go full time.

I just wondered if anyone else is also in this field of work and how did you advertise yourself, get your business started up etc? Any advice or tips, would be grately received.

Many thanks

Lisa x :hug:

Ive been a make up artist for 11 years, alot of my business has come from recomendations.
The first year will be the hardest, you need to make some good contacts.
Try getting some leaflets into bridal shops and florists or any business that is wedding related..... photographers, wedding planners etc.
Maybe when you get your portfolio to a good standard you can go to wedding fares and get a table. ( costs vary depending on venue)
Hope this is some help!
good luck
Claire xx

Try and be available as much as possible, as weddings are no longer just at the weekends, a lot of couples are booking their weddings on weekdays as it's so much cheaper.
Make sure you have a stong portfolio of professional-looking photos to show potential brides - Team up with local photographers and bridal shops for test shoots - and wedding fayres are great for demonstrating your talents, and meeting brides...
Once you start with a few brides, word will spread locally and girls will recommend you to their friends and families.
Good luck!

Latest posts

Back