Bridal Hair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrs T

Reaction score
Hi Geeks, just popped over from Skin.....I am a MUA and usually work alongside a mobile hairdresser for Weddings/Proms etc. Unfortunately; she has literally disappeared (I kid you not!) and I now have Clients booked in including Brides with no hairdresser!!!!
Question is.....could I do just a Bridal Hair Course and if so...are there any around Lancashire??
ps. also I do not have many pennies :( xxxxx

Thanks for your help Geeks am a very sad MUA :cry:

Ooo thats a tough 1. Do you have any hairdressing styling skills at all? Itl be trickey to go on a hair course with no basic skills of hairdressing. From what iv seen wrking in salons not every1 can do or likes hair up. You either can or cant. I do them all the time. One tip ill give is to curl the hair first, that way its much easier to work with.

As you're a MUA it is probably a good idea to do a hair course anyway and then from there you would know if you were confident enough to work on clients. Could you find someone to stand in just in case you felt you couldn't do it?

I'm not a hairdresser but did a 16 week course at college on creative hairstyling so have a look at Colleges near you. If you're near Blackburn I know that College does one day hair up courses but I don't know which dates they have them running.

Thanks for replies!!

Have checked out a 6 day course at Cheshire Academy but includes make up too..of which I am already established.
I understand that to take this on would be a massive risk on my part as mentioned....I have no actual hair quals at all.
Only thing is...most mobile hairdressers round here seem to be MUA too and no Salon is gonna shut for the day and travel to Bride's location!!
Its a toughie.....thanks anyway xx

Latest posts

Back