Brisa Finishing Gel Q...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mercury

Reaction score
Can I put the UV Finishing Gloss layer on straight after applying the final clear sculpting gel layer without having to file and buff the surface (with a 180 grit)? i.e. does the UV Finishing Gloss adhere to an unbuffed/unfiled surface?

I usually do put the final UV Finishing layer on after filing and buffing the previous layers, but on a friend yesterday I didn't due to a break in my flow of routine after having to sculpt one of the thumbs out a bit (it was a natural nail overlay). I'm now just wondering if the UV layer will stay on properly on her thumbs if I didn't file the surface just prior to application....? Any clues?

Ta,
Katy

As long as you didn`t take the sticky layer off first then you should be ok. It will not stick to a shiny surface so you need to either leave a sticky layer on or buff the surface

Excellent, thanks Deb! :) I'll still be aiming in future to apply the UV Finishing layer after buffing and shapping all 10 nails, but I'm still establishing a routine :)

Katy

Latest posts

Back