Brisa gel cover pink help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lisa pink

Reaction score
Hi I'm new to hard gel tried a few, really like brisa gel what's a good cover pink ? They got such a collection x

I think they are phasing out the opaque pinks.. I have no idea what's happened to cool pink opaque, can't find it anywhere!? That just leaves neutral and warm pink opaque and there both good, it all depends on what color skin tone you use them on, the neutral one will be the most universal one though :) x

I think they are phasing out the opaque pinks.. I have no idea what's happened to cool pink opaque, can't find it anywhere!? That just leaves neutral and warm pink opaque and there both good, it all depends on what color skin tone you use them on, the neutral one will be the most universal one though :) x

Sadly you're correct. CND discontinue certain lines or colours depending on the numbers across the globe. If numbers are lower than X they discontinue which (from a business stand point) of course makes sense. It's annoying to those that 'love' the particular product but there's nothing we can do as we are just the distributor... (Although I got them to bring back Ruby Ritz which made a lot if people happy lol:rolleyes:)...

Do you find the neutral most popular ? Does it need to be capped with clear ? X

Do you find the neutral most popular ? Does it need to be capped with clear ? X
I believe it is because it suits most people... I wish I could be more helpful... You can of course customise your colour with CND Additives... Creating bespoke looks and again, charging a little more for that bespoke and unique look...

Sadly you're correct. CND discontinue certain lines or colours depending on the numbers across the globe. If numbers are lower than X they discontinue which (from a business stand point) of course makes sense. It's annoying to those that 'love' the particular product but there's nothing we can do as we are just the distributor... (Although I got them to bring back Ruby Ritz which made a lot if people happy lol:rolleyes:)...

I know and I'm forever grateful! Love ruby ritz! Although it isn't too much of a faff using the red Lecenté glitter over wildfire (which is even more sparkley!).. And yeah it is annoying because it set CND apart by having something for everyone! I assumed it was just yourselves that stopped doing the cool pink Brisa because it shows on the CND site under where it says colours/sizes available that they still do it (although may be just a larger size can't remember) people in the US seem to be able to get hold of it too... Then there's the neutral pink opaque powder, gone also!!!.. I hope that someday they will bring the brisa lite out in more colours too, because it really is the best soak off gel EVER! I'd love to be able to use more of it, the pinks lovely but I'd rather it was an opaque, I did try mixing it with a bit of white which makes it opaque but also lightens the colour, just not sure what to use to turn it back to how it should be (Any help? Would love to do a whole jar!) :) x

I know and I'm forever grateful! Love ruby ritz! Although it isn't too much of a faff using the red Lecenté glitter over wildfire (which is even more sparkley!).. And yeah it is annoying because it set CND apart by having something for everyone! I assumed it was just yourselves that stopped doing the cool pink Brisa because it shows on the CND site under where it says colours/sizes available that they still do it (although may be just a larger size can't remember) people in the US seem to be able to get hold of it too... Then there's the neutral pink opaque powder, gone also!!!.. I hope that someday they will bring the brisa lite out in more colours too, because it really is the best soak off gel EVER! I'd love to be able to use more of it, the pinks lovely but I'd rather it was an opaque, I did try mixing it with a bit of white which makes it opaque but also lightens the colour, just not sure what to use to turn it back to how it should be (Any help? Would love to do a whole jar!) :) x

Let me ask Nataliya Al-Ta'ia as she is a Btusa Queen!!

From Nataliya and also attached info -
Gel custom blend:

With gel you should add additives or white gel little by little. Use blush bronze frost additive to warm up the blend. You can also add a tiny amounts of red and green additive. This will create a warm brown Colour and will warm up a blend. Add white for opacity in very little amounts. If you put too much it will lighten the Colour. A little goes a long way.

To cool a blend add violet pearl additive and a tiny amount of blush bronze frost.

Attachments

• Opaque Powders - How to.png
    Opaque Powders - How to.png
    525.3 KB · Views: 12

To recreate Ruby Ritz:

One coat of decadence
Any glitter firmly burnished
Seal with clearly pink
Second coat of decadence
Top coat

Opaque powders:

You can create any Colour under the sun by using CND additives. We are Creative Nail Design. Not straight out of the jar nail design.

Gel custom blend:

With gel you should add additives or white gel little by little. Use blush bronze frost additive to warm up the blend. You can also add a tiny amounts of red and green additive. This will create a warm brown Colour and will warm up a blend. Add white for opacity in very little amounts. If you put too much it will lighten the Colour. A little goes a long way.

To cool a blend add violet pearl additive and a tiny amount of blush bronze frost.

Hope this helps.
opaque.png

Let me know if I can help you further to find solutions fast! :)

To recreate Ruby Ritz:

One coat of decadence
Any glitter firmly burnished
Seal with clearly pink
Second coat of decadence
Top coat

Opaque powders:

You can create any Colour under the sun by using CND additives. We are Creative Nail Design. Not straight out of the jar nail design.

Gel custom blend:

Hope this helps. View attachment 186896
Let me know if I can help you further to find solutions fast! :)

Oh why thankyou gel queen! ;) I know it's "creative nail design" but I'm pretty useless at most things, but it doesn't sound like too much of a faff. I'll defiantly give it a go tonight... So basically if I wanted to turn the neutral pink semi sheer brisa lite into neutral pink opaque I just need to add a little white and a little blush bronze frost? Any idea on what sort of quantity is need for a full new jar? A little worried that I'd ruin it... Luckily I do have that additive and they last for ages, but it's limited edition, so when stocks run out its back to square one again, x

Oh why thankyou gel queen! ;) I know it's "creative nail design" but I'm pretty useless at most things, but it doesn't sound like too much of a faff. I'll defiantly give it a go tonight... So basically if I wanted to turn the neutral pink semi sheer brisa lite into neutral pink opaque I just need to add a little white and a little blush bronze frost? Any idea on what sort of quantity is need for a full new jar? A little worried that I'd ruin it... Luckily I do have that additive and they last for ages, but it's limited edition, so when stocks run out its back to square one again, x

The best advice is to add little by little, I can't tell exactly how much of what you need to put in as the colour you want to create will be different from what I like. And it truly depends on the skin tone of your client. Be careful with adding white, you truly need a very small amount. Blush bronze frost will warm up the blend, so if you want a neutral add very little first and then add more if you feel the need. It is easier to add more rather than remove.

If custom blending is something you really want to excel at I would suggest a Custom Colour Class at your local CND Academy! This class is filled with ideas on how to make the blends. Once you are familiar with colour theory you will be an expert at custom blending! I love teaching this class as I always come out with new ideas afterwards!

Good luck and happy blending)))

And as a little side note - you can make your own Retention + opaque cover blend!

Latest posts

Back