brisa pow and finishing gloss over acrylic

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MINKUS

Gel Junkie
Reaction score
Hi all

I have a client with her own nails....who is quite heavy ( well VERY heavy handed)

SHe usually wears bio sculpture (yep i know its not the strongest gel in the land)

Most of my clients can wear this for 2/3 weeks no probs she comes back without fail after 2 weeks glued bits down here, ( she's a real diy 'er )peeling there.....

SO after no difference using the s gel ...i try an acrylic overlay ...I used backscratchers. Then.....to finish as she wanted permanent french and glossy look i did.......brisa paint on white and uv finish gloss. She is saying (after 1 day!!) that this has chipped on her thumbs......is it ok to use pow and finish gloss like this? i bonded first (not sure if i should have done)?

Can anyone tell me what they would put on her that she wont be able to stick down and fiddle with.....and can come back every 2/3 weeks and it still look good on her own nails ???????????? Dont normally get too much of a problem with bio.....I KNOW this lady WILL NOT wear gloves ! Even after I have drilled and it into her !

HELP AMB X phew thats a long one for this time in the morning!!

Hi Amber, I don't think you will find anything that will suit this particular lady. She won't listen to your after care advice, does botch it repair jobs herself and obviously has no respect for them whatsover. I'd be surprised about the white gel paint chipping like that - just remember that you cannot apply gel to a smooth surface as this could cause chipping & lifting.

You need to be VERY strong with this lady. If she wants her nails to stay looking good when she leaves you then she has to look after them. It would be the same as a client having a hair colour and not using the right products and then wondering why the colour doesn't last so well and why her hair is getting dry, split ends. She needs to get her head round the concept of the fact that you apply the nails, but it is up to her to keep them on.

Sorry hun, not being very helpful, but if most of your clients have no probs then it's down to her lack of after care.

I agree with Sassy, I don't think you are ever going to win this one unless you are firm with her. She needs to take more care of them & don't give her any free repairs! You've tried everything you can, she needs to take responsibility, she must be able to see that it's her causing the damage. I can't suggest anything else to try. I found that using Brisa top coat over l&p fixed the lifting problem I had with a few of my clients who 'forgot' to wear gloves but it doesn't normally chip. I assume you filed the l&p first & capped the edges. Don't think you need the bonder on top of l&p though as this helps bonds to the nail, I've never used it over l&p, just on the natural nail.

Latest posts

Back