Brisa question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kathy w

Reaction score
Hi all,
Can someone please help with this problem i have.Some of my clients are saying that when they go into Brisa Lamp for 2min cure it is burning.What am i doing wrong with them as it is not happening with all clients??????????

Thanks
Kathy

The thing with uv lamps when curing you can get a flash of heat which can cause a burning sensation. If you get your clients to put their nails under the lamp and then after about 10-20 secs remove them and re-enter the lamp they should be fine.
Hths

I know that if your client has thin nails this can happen but also (and i could be wrong, sure someone will put me right.lol,) if you have applied gel too thick, (or is it thin? sorry) also if gel has come in contact with soft tissue round the nail. This happened just once with my mum i told her to take out and press her fingertips down on the table (as if playing piano :biggrin: ) then she put back in and was fine!
If they have thin nail plates then they will be sensitive to the heat.

Hiya Kath,
When you cure gel in the light unit, the curing process is very fast, the heat your client can feel is an exothermic reaction caused by the oligomers in the gel linking up very very quickly and giving off energy which is felt as heat.
All you can do is intermittently cure them...5 secs in 5 secs out and pressure helps too.
HTH
Clare xx

Hiya Kathy

Like Debs, I was taught that if a burning sensation is felt, withdraw fingers from the lamp and press fingertips down firmly on the table until the sensation subsides. Then re-enter fingers to the lamp and proceed as normal.

Thanks girls will try all of the above.
Kathyxxxxxxxx

Brisa Gels, have a VERY low heat output - one of the advantages of the system - if some of your clients are experiencing heat, then you are definitely applying the gel too thickly on those clients.

Check your full set clients first and do a thorough consultation to try and find out their sensitivity level before you apply the product. Apply Brisa Gels in 2 thinner layers rather than one thick one if you have a client who is (more than average) sensitive.

90% of clients will not feel a heat spike with Brisa Gels.

Latest posts

Back