Brisa Rebalance

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hi all

Did a Brisa conversion last week and did my own nails which i am amazed to say are fantastic, im well impressed. more so than i thought. However im not happy with my smile line using the gel paint. Practice will help i guess.

Anyway ive been looking on here for brisa rebalance and couldnt find much. Do you do exactly the same as for L&P. Im not completely sure - any help from you Brisa Geeks would be most appreaicted.

Going to be adding to my service menu very soon

thanks in advance

Hiya, a Brisa rebalance is really easy. You treat it pretty much as you would l&p but it's much easier to file down. Have you tried using a brush with a little scrubfresh to tidy the smile line before curing? It work fab so you get perfect smile lines.

The trouble with working with ANY white brush on paint OR gel, is that when you get near to the skin surrounding the nail unit, the brush tends to touch the skin with the product and it is hard to get those corners nice and sharp because you are not working with a point.

My method is to roughly apply some of the paint on white gel to the free edge just below where you want the smile line (I litterally just blob a bit on. I do not try to get a smile at all at this stage) and I then use a dotting tool or very pointed long bristled gel brush, and use the point, to move the gel and to 'draw' the smile line exactly where I want it. I never normally need to use anything to clean up either because you can be very precise and get a really crisp line this way.

Try it. Suddenly you will find it much easier. If you don't have a brush or a dotting tool, use a toothpick (temporarily for practice .. this does not look professional when doing clients so get the right tools for the job).

geeg said:
The trouble with working with ANY white brush on paint OR gel, is that when you get near to the skin surrounding the nail unit, the brush tends to touch the skin with the product and it is hard to get those corners nice and sharp because you are not working with a point.

My method is to roughly apply some of the paint on white gel to the free edge just below where you want the smile line (I litterally just blob a bit on. I do not try to get a smile at all at this stage) and I then use a dotting tool or very pointed long bristled gel brush, and use the point, to move the gel and to 'draw' the smile line exactly where I want it. I never normally need to use anything to clean up either because you can be very precise and get a really crisp line this way.

Try it. Suddenly you will find it much easier. If you don't have a brush or a dotting tool, use a toothpick (temporarily for practice .. this does not look professional when doing clients so get the right tools for the job).
Another great tip Gigi - can't wait to get my dotting tool! Can wait even less for your book!!!!

wow good advice will try that one

Latest posts

Back