British Beauty Academy lash extension course

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CharliA

Reaction score
Hi I've been looking for a course in Kent and came across this company, I was about to book but thought I'd see peoples opinions first. Seems there are some historic bad reviews on here about them. I guess I'm hoping they've changed a little the past few years? I'm looking at the Dartford location... TIA

Honestly?! Look at other training, there is a Flirties trainer called layla in Essex just near dartford tunnel.

Honestly?! Look at other training, there is a Flirties trainer called layla in Essex just near dartford tunnel.
Thanks. I booked on with 'uk beauty schools' in the end. Here's hoping they're good!

Hi I've been looking for a course in Kent and came across this company, I was about to book but thought I'd see peoples opinions first. Seems there are some historic bad reviews on here about them. I guess I'm hoping they've changed a little the past few years? I'm looking at the Dartford location... TIA
Hi Charlie I would seriously advise not to do a course with them. There certificates are not accredited and there not a registered company. I have had to go through my bank and get a refund for my course. They did not reply to any of my messages or emails. The CAB have also reported them to the trading standards agency. My trainer at the time of my course I found her on Facebook and contacted her she advised me she no longer works for them due to there unprofessionalism she is also taking them to court for unpaid wages for over 2 months and stock they asked her to buy and they would reimburse. I would advise anyone who has done a course with them to get a refund from there bank and to report the academy for misleading action practises to the trading standards agency. To add further they now have unqualified people training who do not have a beauty background you would most likely no more than your trainer... So your paying to go and give your knowledge.

Hi Charlie I would seriously advise not to do a course with them. There certificates are not accredited and there not a registered company. I have had to go through my bank and get a refund for my course. They did not reply to any of my messages or emails. The CAB have also reported them to the trading standards agency. My trainer at the time of my course I found her on Facebook and contacted her she advised me she no longer works for them due to there unprofessionalism she is also taking them to court for unpaid wages for over 2 months and stock they asked her to buy and they would reimburse. I would advise anyone who has done a course with them to get a refund from there bank and to report the academy for misleading action practises to the trading standards agency. To add further they now have unqualified people training who do not have a beauty background you would most likely no more than your trainer... So your paying to go and give your knowledge.

Oh no....I've booked and paid with them. Ive tried to contact them but I cant get through. What is the 'accreditation of the major industry bodies' which they mention on their FAQ's?
I've checked companies house and they're not on there (Unless they're under a different name)
EEEEEK!!! Have I lost my money?!

Oh no....I've booked and paid with them. Ive tried to contact them but I cant get through. What is the 'accreditation of the major industry bodies' which they mention on their FAQ's?
I've checked companies house and they're not on there (Unless they're under a different name)
EEEEEK!!! Have I lost my money?!

Hiya
Yes you wont get a reply like myself and many others. You will get your money back if you contact the the C.A.B 0345 404 0506 and report this. Your bank will refund your money for misleading action practises. And yes there not on Companies House so there not registered. They have been reported to Action Fraud and are under investigation. There certificates are not accredited so its like printing yourself a certificate which you can create yourself online. The owner is xxxxxxx whose signature is on the certificate who you can find on facebook. Whenever you book a course you should always check if there accredieted by BABTAC or GUILD INSTITUTE. They are the well known companies where you will not have any problems getting insurance and you will have a may i say Proper certificate.
Hope this helped you.

[name and accusations removed]

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a reminder please that naming and shaming of companies or inviduals is not permitted, which is the reason for necessary editing.

Hopefully the OP and other posters have all the information needed to make a decision how to proceed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back