British Beauty Academy

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vicky VTan

Reaction score
Hi guys
Just completed a intensive training course (4hours) with British beauty academy for lash extensions... I've got my certificate to say I've passed but having only put 3 lashes on a doll and 3 on another student I'm questioning quite a few things! I've emailed them twice since to discuss my disappointment but no reply... this shouldn't be happening and it's cost me £189

Is the course accredited by anyone?

Hi
Yes by the British beauty group ( hmm Is this part of the British beauty academy)

Sorry, I've never heard of them.
What sort of research did you do before deciding on the course? What made you choose that course in particular? Did you read lots of good reviews about the training?

If you think it hasn't met your expectations, write to them expressing your disappointment and ask for a refund and failing that, look into suing them for breach of contract.

Hi Vicky VTan

I did my first courses with then last year ,same eyelash extextions,tinting and threading, and i can say They are complerly usesless, eyelash extension we did 2 hours ,didn't learn i think,kit is very cheap .

I've emailed them twice and also got intouch with who accredited them! I thought I had researched them and reviews looked good but since being disappointed I've looked into them more and found so many bad reviews... this shouldn't be allowed as I have a certificate saying I'm a qualified lasher yet I most certainly am not! This tho for a few is pound signs ...

Omg thats awful have a look at another company maybe one that does a conversion

I also attended this course, I contacted them 3 times by email before the course and left 2 messages with no response. I have logged a complaint with no response, I managed to get them on the phone yesterday and I have never been spoken to so rudely in my life, basically screaming at me down the phone! I wouldn't recommend anyone to attend this course!

I recently completed an eye enhancement course with these (included tinting, threading, semi-permanent lashes) all I can say is don't waste your money!
They show you how to do things let you try and then don't even check your work and hand out the certificates!
They don't respond to emails and when you speak to them on the telephone they are so rude! Supposedly I was talking to a supervisor and she was literally screaming at me on the phone! I'm currently contacting CAB for more advice as I believe they have taken my money and ran with it! Seriously is it safe to let someone apply 3 lashes on a model but check them and the class as qualified??? I would avoid at all costs!!

I recently completed an eye enhancement course with these (included tinting, threading, semi-permanent lashes) all I can say is don't waste your money!
They show you how to do things let you try and then don't even check your work and hand out the certificates!
They don't respond to emails and when you speak to them on the telephone they are so rude! Supposedly I was talking to a supervisor and she was literally screaming at me on the phone! I'm currently contacting CAB for more advice as I believe they have taken my money and ran with it! Seriously is it safe to let someone apply 3 lashes on a model but check them and the class as qualified??? I would avoid at all costs!!
Not check them that should read!

I went with this company for a few bits I'm already qualified in just needed the certificates for insurance as I'd lost my original ones. Was good for me as I'm already trained and it was so cheap. One of the courses I did with them was supposed to last 6 hours but we were done in just under 2 hours and the trainer asked us to sign to say the course had finished at a false time. Feel sorry for those that go with them to actually learn anything though but maybe do your research next time as I was expecting the worst just wanted the certificate.
On a better note it Inspired me to do my teacher training as it was so bad - felt so bad for the ladies on it that had gone to learn a new skill they looked so worried and dissapointed and feel I could do a good job teaching courses like this.

I went with this company for a few bits I'm already qualified in just needed the certificates for insurance as I'd lost my original ones. Was good for me as I'm already trained and it was so cheap. One of the courses I did with them was supposed to last 6 hours but we were done in just under 2 hours and the trainer asked us to sign to say the course had finished at a false time. Feel sorry for those that go with them to actually learn anything though but maybe do your research next time as I was expecting the worst just wanted the certificate.
On a better note it Inspired me to do my teacher training as it was so bad - felt so bad for the ladies on it that had gone to learn a new skill they looked so worried and dissapointed and feel I could do a good job teaching courses like this.
Yes there was a girl there who already had experience and she just needed the certificate to get her insured and she more or less took over the class, gave me more advice than the trainer did! I went on this with hope as was recommended by a friend but wish I'd gone with the same lady I did my spray tanning with as she was fantastic! I just cannot believe how they can say I'm now qualified because I'm far from that! If I did someone's lashes and told them where I trained they would have a really bad reputation so can't understand why they do it! I've requested a refund but was just screamed at over the phone! I was so taken aback the way she spoke to me on the phone I was physically shaking! Deffo just in it for the money! I'm now waiting an email response from them so I can take my complaint further xxx

I can understand how the course didn't go well, but I don't know where you stand as regards to getting your money back.

The course was rubish, but they did 'train you' and did give you a certificate at the end.
Maybe it's one of those cases of having to chalk it up to experience and doing a bit more research next time.

I did a one day gel nail course with a well know provider. I got a certificate and can get 'insured' to do gel nails but if I did they would be absolute rubbish ( I'm not even trained in manicure!). I viewed it as an experience day, a bit of CPD and learnt that my career was not going in the direction of nails. If I had decided after the course nails were for me I would have done a vtct in mani, pedi to get properly trained and then a gel course!

Hiya

I'm just wondering if you got anywhere with the CAB? I booked a course with them but booked the wrong course, as well as paying for a kit.

No response to my emails, and they never pick up the phone - definately feels like a scam :(

Hiya

I'm just wondering if you got anywhere with the CAB? I booked a course with them but booked the wrong course, as well as paying for a kit.

No response to my emails, and they never pick up the phone - definately feels like a scam :(

Just so you know, the quoted poster has been absent from this site since 2016.

Latest posts

Back