Brow wax and tint

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sambo1986

Reaction score
Hi just wondering which brand tint people prefer I'm currently using hairwell thanks x

I love refectocil it seems to last really well too

Have you tried refectocil sensitive??

I use marvel brow peroxide-free now after I realised refectocil instructs that you should perform a patch test prior to every single treatment :eek: it proved difficult to get clients to do that

I use marvel brow peroxide-free now after I realised refectocil instructs that you should perform a patch test prior to every single treatment :eek: it proved difficult to get clients to do that

Hi.
I too use refectocil and also do find people not wanting to do a patch test. Unfortunately i have lost clients because of not carrying out tinting right there and then. How have founf marvel brow peroxide free ?

refectocil for me as well x

Correct me if I'm wrong but surely it's the actual tint that clients can become allergic to, not the peroxide??

Correct me if I'm wrong but surely it's the actual tint that clients can become allergic to, not the peroxide??

It's the system and chemical reaction as a whole that clients can be allergic to, not always one or the other. Which is why when doing patch tests you should mix tint and peroxide, not just apply tint from the tube. A lot of people are allergic to PPD like with hair dye allergies and ammonia, also the 'fixative' which in regards to tints is peroxide. Marvel brow tint is plant based, meaning the chemical reaction when applying the developer differs to the oxygen-providing chemical aspect that peroxide has to tint when you mix it in. You also apply it differently, step one you apply the tint directly to eyelashes or brows from the tube, and step two you wipe away the tint and apply the developer and the colour appears.
I still patch test clients just to be sure, but as marvel brow states that a patch test is not required unless a client has had a previous sensitivity to regular tint then it is not mandatory from an insurance point of view. I checked on this with my insurance :)

Hi.
I too use refectocil and also do find people not wanting to do a patch test. Unfortunately i have lost clients because of not carrying out tinting right there and then. How have founf marvel brow peroxide free ?

I like it for lashes and for people who want dark brows. I prefer it to regular tint now as it's a lot quicker to develop colour and doesn't require mixing so less product is wasted and it isn't as messy.
However there is only a dark brown colour. I have managed so lessen the time of the tint to create a lighter colour but I wouldn't trust it on very fair haired clients and would still use regular tint for this.
You still need to patch test for clients with previous sensitivities. I still do if they've never had a tint before.
I love refectocil but after discovering that you need a patch test before every single treatment and not just every 6 months or so I had to change because clients just wouldn't come in before every tint. If something when wrong then my insurance would be voided due to me not following manufacturers instructions However I'm pleased with the marvel brow and it is quicker for lashes and seems to last as well when applied correctly :) hope this helps!

Latest posts

Back