Brow waxing - what chair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FleurNails96

Reaction score
I run a home nail salon however I’m also trained in waxing. I’m thinking of offering brow waxing in the new year, I’m not sure if I should buy a reclining chair or keep my current arm chair - which I also use for pedicures.

How many of you have the client sat up for brow waxing?

This is my current set up (please excuse my cat haha!), thinking of replacing the retail display with my wax pot etc and could also move the chair out for space behind.
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1510331285.718431.jpg

Do you have space for a beauty couch? You could then have clients lying down for the full range of waxing services and make more money.

It's quite hard to wax brows sitting that upright because it's too easy for wax to spill onto the wrong place!

Do you have space for a beauty couch? You could then have clients lying down for the full range of waxing services and make more money.

Unfortunately not ☹️ brow waxing is the only extra service I could do with the space available!

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1510353325.323204.jpg

I’ve just posted asking about this chair! What do you think? I’m in a similar predicament x

View attachment 206419

I’ve just posted asking about this chair! What do you think? I’m in a similar predicament x

For my salon it’s a little large! However it would be good to be able to double up a nail desk chair as a brow chair. I’m not sure if the arms would fit under my table either!

I’ve seen salons use lower backed armchairs with neck pillows which may be a thought for me!

Ah yes it’s the size I worry about too, do you have an example of what you mean by a lower backed chair at all please? I’m trying to find something suitable too!

Unfortunately not ☹️ brow waxing is the only extra service I could do with the space available!
Could you lose the chair and replace with one of those chairs that flatten out into a couch?
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1510405310.922223.jpg

Ah yes it’s the size I worry about too, do you have an example of what you mean by a lower backed chair at all please? I’m trying to find something suitable too!

I saw this on Pinterest, as I may be able to fit a small ish version of it in my room and keep it also as a cosy pedicure corner
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1510406245.289922.jpg

That looks nice! But big lol! X

That looks nice! But big lol! X

Yep, and probably expensive ☹️

I’ve been looking at the “Chloe styling chair” which is lovely, but also best part of £300. Not sure if venturing into brows would be worth the trouble of reshuffling everything in the salon!
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1510443124.575288.jpg

Could you lose the chair and replace with one of those chairs that flatten out into a couch?View attachment 206422

I replaced my old portable couch with this reclining chair/couch, but with split leg section and removeable "feet". I use it for all lash and brow treatments, facials, waxing and pedicures. It's really good and very reasonably priced ( EBay). One point to mention is that you can either have it fully reclined flat as a bed or in one sat up position, but no in between. (Although the leg sections can be set in several positions). It's very comfortable too.

My beauty room is very small, so a reclining couch/chair is to large. I'm searching for a reclining, swivelling, removable head rest, with foot rest barbers style chair.
Any suggestions, please?

I hope someone can help as I am In the same boat

Latest posts

Back