brush on resin activating

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wyliekit88

Reaction score
Hi Guys

Yup Im after more help again. Being using a trial sample for fibreglass using brush on resin but I seem to have activated my resin and now the brush is hard and the resin is gloopy! Any ideas on how you get round this. Sorry if it is a daft question - i am sure there will be a logical reason. I was taught at college using millennium products.

Oh, glad it's not just me then. Exactly the same thing happened to me this weekend. Luckily I had another bottle of resin. I'm quite new to the resin so I'd like to know what I (we) did wrong and how to prevent it.

Vicky x

wyliekit88 said:
Hi Guys

Yup Im after more help again. Being using a trial sample for fibreglass using brush on resin but I seem to have activated my resin and now the brush is hard and the resin is gloopy! Any ideas on how you get round this. Sorry if it is a daft question - i am sure there will be a logical reason. I was taught at college using millennium products.

not a daft question at all, an easy mistake to make when starting out with resin.

to stop the resin going gloopy you must make sure that the area it is applied to is totally 'dust free', use a brush after blending to get rid of any excess dust.

to stop your resin brush going hard it's better to spray activate all 10 nails after you've put the brush back in the resin bottle and closed the lid tight, otherwise the activator is in the air and it gets to the brush.

hope that makes sense
xx

Another thing lol
When you have activated the resin and then decide you need another coat of resin, lightly buff the nail again, this removes any left over activator from the nail and will stop your brush from picking up any activator and either making your brush stiff or your resin thickening and going gloopy.....I let my first coat of resin air dry and then activate after the second coating.....
Just a thought xxxx

As Ruth says, the activator is still on the nail for a while but while I`m not wanting to tell the queen of fibreglass how to suck eggs, I don`t go to the extreme of buffing between to make sure activator is not present. I usually wipe over the nail between layers of resin with a nail wipe and it makes sure the activator is wiped off the nail and I don`t have any problems.
Another thing you could do is always have a second bottle of resin, for the most part the brushes will go soft again but it takes a while.

LOL Debs...sucking eggs pmsl................ the buff is very quick and more like your wipe with a pad..... but yes thats another way....cheers babe xxxx

thanks for your help everyone. i have a set booked for tomorrow night so i will take all your advice on board nd give it a go. x

Latest posts

Back