Bumps on natural nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

debbie 2324

Reaction score
Hi! I’m seeing bumps on clients nails when I apply gel polish. I usually just buff the new growth area before I polish . Should I buff the whole nail plate? If so then what grit should I use? I’m baffled [emoji53]. I appreciate any advice. Thanks !

This sounds like you may be being over zealous with your pusher. Whilst you might not see this at the time, damage will become apparent as the nail grows. Not all gel polish requires you to buff the nail plate and some brands actively advise not to.

I wouldn't be buffing out lumps and bumps, you'll thin the nail plate and cause all sorts of damage. As PicklePie says damage is easy to cause, better to find out why and resolve that instead of buffing.

It never occurred to me that I might be too aggressive with the cuticle pusher but I do go at it pretty good when I use it. Thank you both for the advice and I’ll try being more gentle with it as I believe that could very well be the problem. Thanks again!!

Are you sure it isn’t fluff or dust from filing? Maybe from a ‘lint’ free pad or something? As if you miss just a ring bit, once cured it can go hard & look likes bump on the nail.
Hard to determine exactly without seeing a photo of what you mean x

Thanks cheeky chick, it could possibly be the wipes. They say lint free but they are not. I’ve ordered some new one that I think will be lint free. I’ll them too. I’ll take a picture the next time it happens and put in here.[emoji4]

I don't even bother with lint free pads as was forever having "bits" everywhere that looked liked bumps once polish was applied. I now either use kitchen towel or wax strips

Kitchen towel is pretty awesome compare to so call lint free wipe

Grateful for the all the useful tips, thanks to all!

Latest posts

Back