Business banking

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

florence2004

Reaction score
Hello there
I am just about to set up a business bank account and wondered if any of you had any recomendations. We currently bank with LLoyds and my husband has his business account there and although it is great for internet banking and when we pay ouselves it is in our account the next day, I do find that their charges are horrific.

I am just about to set up a business account with Abbey National as their business banking is free. Take a look at www.abbey.com then click the business link.

I've an Abbey business account and I've got to say it's great for small businesses such as myself- they've been very helpful and I've had no problems, so far.
hth

Natwest all the way!

Fantastic!

Abbey National....free banking (within certain limits).....great online banking......great deal for Merchant Account (card machine!)

Lloyds usually offer free banking for 18 months. That's what I got!

Just changed my husbands business account to HSBC as they had a special offer on until end of August for 18 months free banking.

They are alot quicker to act on things than the Abbey - etc cards, cheque books, stationery etc.

hi, i reccomend hsbc, they gave me 18 months free business banking, a business mastercard card for stock,debit card, cheque book etc.. there online banking is fab too! i was with natwest previously, but decided to take advantage of the free banking and move. definately a good move, there service is excellent!

Abbey National....free banking (within certain limits).....great online banking......great deal for Merchant Account (card machine!)

Ditto

And its free banking for life - not 12 months or 18 months on offer (obviously you have to stick within certain limits, not banking more than £3000 per month, using ATMs not over the counter - but works really well for me)

I bank with Abbey Businesss to but for one reason only and thats because its FREE !

If you want to open an account with them i would do it asap as it took them over a month to open mine also you can't use counter services everything has to be paid in at the machine.

The alternative is to open another current account if you are quite a small business :)

I am wondering which Scottish bank would be any good, does any scottish salon geek know?

just set mine up with the Abby...its free..forever!!! took a couple of weeks to get sorted but I was with natwest last time and they were a nightmare!

Mines Barclays.. had little choice in the matter as my mother works there!
Works out well for me as I get work from her secretery work colleages and do mums nails, so she is a living moving advertisement for me :lol:

hsbc great no probs at all,

halifax not good at all, you have to seperate money & cheques and put them in seperate bags to pay in. Its a bad system and admin nightmare!

Hsbc Bank has some good deals on at the moment, FREE Banking for 18 months.

I have lots of information to hand if anyone wants to know more

Thanks

Latest posts

Back