Business | Consumers Are Starting To Take Notice of Regulations...Or Lack Of Them.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Ed.

Reaction score
The biggest obstacle to effectively regulating our industry is arguably consumer awareness. If consumers don't care about industry regulations, then why bother implementing them and enforcing them? If they don't care about doing their research, then it doesn't matter whether salons or brands or multinational corporations subscribe to an agreed and observed set of standards.

But, this seems to be changing. The more and more I look around, the more I'm seeing consumers getting savvy. Recent articles on the Huffington Post and others show that when it comes to beauty, consumers are starting to ask questions.

This is great news for the industry. This means that those doing it well and doing it properly will be able to get the recognition they deserve; it also means that consumers are going to start making decisions based on regulations that they can see and understand.

Right now, they're focussed on brands and corporations and products but I predict it won't be long before this filters down to salons and therapists.

Until then...geek on!

The Ed.

Latest posts

Back