Business | Gwyneth Paltrow Embroiled In Skin Care Company's Fishy Business

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Ed.

Reaction score
Gwyneth Paltrow has found herself in the middle of the $6 million lawsuit following signing a contract to be the face of Restorsea. The company, founded and run by respected New York business woman Patricia Pao, is suing its supplier Aqua Bio Technology (ABT) for breach of contract.

Pao developed an anti-ageing skincare cream based on the fluid harvested from salmon hatcheries in Norway. Court documents state that she alone discovered the capabilities of the enzyme found in this fluid. Apparently, Pao "noticed that the workers' hands, which were submerged in the hatchery's waters all day appeared more youthful than their aged faces. This piqued Ms. Pao's interest in potential anti-ageing capabilities of the enzyme found in those hatchery waters."

On their website, ABT cite a different story, claiming that the power of the hatchery fluid was discovered by coincidence.

Pao has filed breach of contract in the Southern District of New York claiming $6 million in damages stating that she paid $5.9 million for the exclusive use of the fluid only to discover that ABT are marketing products of their own.

Paltrow, who appears to have signed the endorsement contract during this battle, says, "I love how it smells, that is works, the story and the fact that is is a brand started by a woman entrepreneur...I never promote anything that I don’t use, love and believe in, and I’m thrilled to support the brand and its mission to encourage women to embrace their age,” she said.

Until then...geek on!

The Ed.

Attachments

• gwyneth.jpg
    gwyneth.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 98

Latest posts

Back