Business is slower than slow what can i do?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You guys are really amazing you should be proud as you know how to pick someones spirits up! Since starting this thread ive had 2 bookings yay! I know its not much but its something and i will continue to build myself up as much as possible and scream my name out to anyone who will listen lol

I think this charity event will do my business good as i can also promote myself and like you said Fi also give something back!
xxx

Yay .... there you go Vi.....

My charity event was fab....polished in pink for breast cancer...

2 x reports & pics in the paper......fantastic day.......best £200.00 I ever gave away....

You can do it......I have done it in just over a year but its been HARD WORK !!!

It is possible xxxxx Go girl xxxx & you have age on your side......wish I had done this all those years ago !

Thats brilliant!! Did it go well how much did you raise?
Did you do it in a hall?
Thanks for your lovely support
xxxx

All i did:

Polished in Pink

Pink toes or nails @ £5.00 pp

Pink balloons, cranberry & orange juice, pink wafers, marshmallows....... all cheap.....

Had a student from the local college in to help, we had a desk each....

Few freebies (CND) they were fab.....sold on for charity.....

Great day had by all ..... I was scared stiff......the whole village was talking about it & lots of bookings taken on the day....

KISS - Keep It Stupidly Simple....You cant go wrong !

Good luck with yours x

Wow that sounds great well done!! I cant wait for mine its such a great thing to do.xx

I cant work in a salon as i suffer with anxiety attacks.

Thanks for your advice is very helpful collin & bexi
x

Have you tried to get help with this? If not maybe you could discuss it with your GP or look into something more alternative , like hypnotherapy :hug:

Have you tried to get help with this? If not maybe you could discuss it with your GP or look into something more alternative , like hypnotherapy :hug:

I have spoke to my GP about this they dont seem too fussed and dont offer anything. It doesnt take over my life i just get very anxiety if im in a place for a very long time i.e working with other people, going on courses with lots of people. I do try to beat it myself. I.e going college in september for 1 day a week which ive never done before but im pushing myself to do it.:hug:

Stay positive hunny, although I know that can be hard in your situation. I have been there not so long ago after relocating to an area where I knew no one and nails were not the big thing I was used to.

A charity event is a great cause and would also help with your marketing in a positive way.

Dear old leg work and getting out there on the street personally and promoting yourself has always worked for me. I have got some of my best clients through introducing myself and handing them a flyer whilst they were out shopping. Also promote yourself to local companies and offer a corporate discount.

Stay positive, determined and you WILL get there. Nothing worthwhile comes easy and the harder it is to achieve the more determined you will be to maintain a successful client base.

Good luck & big hugs xxx:hug:

I have spoke to my GP about this they dont seem too fussed and dont offer anything. It doesnt take over my life i just get very anxiety if im in a place for a very long time i.e working with other people, going on courses with lots of people. I do try to beat it myself. I.e going college in september for 1 day a week which ive never done before but im pushing myself to do it.:hug:

After my mom died my sister started suffering panic attacks. My dad had to go to the supermarket with her, i would go to the doctors with her and so on. She didn't like crowded or confined spaces either.
She is on medication now which has really helped.
She does get the odd one very occassionally now but she is much better.
I would ask to see a different doctor as there is help available out there.
Well done on booking your college course :hug:

Are the clients you do get re-booking.....? if not why not.....?

I always say getting the clients in the first place is easy but keeping them is harder...once you have got them for keeps your away...cos then not only have you got them but also the friends that they recommend you too.

Because I'm quiter at the moment I'm sending cards to my clients - I'm doing thanks for your loyalty and also we have seen you in a while cards. A voucher popped inside too. Sometimes our clients need a kick up the bum to remind them we're still here and ready for them!

Also take this time to go round and offer nails (this can be just a file and polish) or tans to waitresses - maybe offer big discounts if 5 or more come? Shop assistants too, anyone else in the service industry.

Send out refer a friend cards too,

Becki xxx

It is tough out there for everyone. I know some on here claim to be packed out, but sorry, If I ain't busy, it ain't busy!
Come September things will improve, just try and keep the faith.

Although I've had a reasonable amount of people booked in for the last few weeks over half have either canceled or not turned up. I'm thinking its just because its the holidays and people are busy with other things.
I'm trying to keep motivated by changing website and leaflets, writing letters, spring cleaning room etc.
I hope come September it looks busier for us all!

It is tough out there for everyone. I know some on here claim to be packed out, but sorry, If I ain't busy, it ain't busy!

I hate to disagree but I am busy! Practically fully booked, no exaggeration and I'm mobile, but last year it went quieter around this time, but with regulars things just tick along quite nicely.

It just takes time to build up any business but as has already been said you need to focus on doing the best service you can for your current clients and the business will grow itself, recommendations are your best bet and they cost nothing. :hug:

You will get there as you really want to succeed and you are tying to find the perfect formula for your business. :hug: Don't let the low points get you down as all businesses experience them at the start.

You need to give clients a reason to return and it can be as simple as saying at the end of the treatment when they say they enjoyed it "do you want to book in for next time so you can have something to look forward to." then they get into the routeen of it being a regular thing. Or after waxing saying "your next appointment will need to be around the <give date>, do you want to get it in the diary now to guarantee the time that suits you."

I hate to disagree but I am busy! Practically fully booked, no exaggeration and I'm mobile, but last year it went quieter around this time, but with regulars things just tick along quite nicely.

It just takes time to build up any business but as has already been said you need to focus on doing the best service you can for your current clients and the business will grow itself, recommendations are your best bet and they cost nothing. :hug:

You will get there as you really want to succeed and you are tying to find the perfect formula for your business. :hug: Don't let the low points get you down as all businesses experience them at the start.

You need to give clients a reason to return and it can be as simple as saying at the end of the treatment when they say they enjoyed it "do you want to book in for next time so you can have something to look forward to." then they get into the routeen of it being a regular thing. Or after waxing saying "your next appointment will need to be around the <give date>, do you want to get it in the diary now to guarantee the time that suits you."

I agree with weezie...i haven't noticed any changes with the amount of clients i have. I find when money is tight women cut back on many things but nails and hair ain't one of them...its about the only thing that cheers them up ... apart from the obvious...CHOCOLATE !! :lol:

Are the clients you do get re-booking.....? if not why not.....?

I always say getting the clients in the first place is easy but keeping them is harder...once you have got them for keeps your away...cos then not only have you got them but also the friends that they recommend you too.

I do get some that are regulars and others that just want a one off tan for an ocassion. I have some that will have a tan and wont see them for 7 months and then they pop up again.
I always make sure i ask their reason for wanting a tan i.e is it for a special occassion 9/10 it is.
If i havent heard from them a while i will drop them an email or text and ask if they are ok was they happy with their tan etc they always say yes so i assume spray tanning isnt the kind of thing they want to have all the time (unlike me :lol:)
But then i have some tanning addicts :lol:

This is my first proper year and have to say that for me may, June, July and so far August have been manic I did a 12 hour day yesterday.

I don't do a huge amount of advertising just local but the majority of my work comes from work of mouth and my regulars which are my bread and butter look after them and they will look after you.

Good luck :hug:

Latest posts

Back