Business is very quiet

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AmandaGlanf1

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am really hoping you can give me some tips and advice. I am a home based nail tech/beauty therapist. I have been working from home for 2 1/2 yrs and up until after christmas have been busy. I have a gorgeous room to work from using all the well known brands but my business has not picked up much atall. There is an abundance of nail shops locally so lots of competition. I have lost some clients to house moves, having babies etc. I update on facebook daily of any nails treatments i have carried out that day. I have looked at all aspects of my business as to what I can be doing wrong but I am really not sure what to do if im honest. My next step is to post my treatment price lists locally but i have never had much success with that. I get regular recommendations for nail treatments on facebook when people ask but it would seem that the salons/shops get the business. I am beginning to wonder whether to close my business and look for a job but obviously wouldnt want to do that :( xx

Hi everyone, I am really hoping you can give me some tips and advice. I am a home based nail tech/beauty therapist. I have been working from home for 2 1/2 yrs and up until after christmas have been busy. I have a gorgeous room to work from using all the well known brands but my business has not picked up much atall. There is an abundance of nail shops locally so lots of competition. I have lost some clients to house moves, having babies etc. I update on facebook daily of any nails treatments i have carried out that day. I have looked at all aspects of my business as to what I can be doing wrong but I am really not sure what to do if im honest. My next step is to post my treatment price lists locally but i have never had much success with that. I get regular recommendations for nail treatments on facebook when people ask but it would seem that the salons/shops get the business. I am beginning to wonder whether to close my business and look for a job but obviously wouldnt want to do that :( xx

Hi Amanda if its any help I own a bakers and we have been very quiet since the start of the New Year, we would normally start picking up some time in February but this year we are still struggling, not just us but the other local shops too. I think its everywhere so not just you, lets hope things pick up soon for us all. I was going to try and start my nail business but not to sure whether to wait for a while and see how things go. One business is hard enough to struggle with without another. Hopefully you will start to pick up soon.

Hi im in the same boat also working from home the stuff i have been trying is
Sone ive been doing a while some are new
Post local selling groups
Have website, instagram, facebook & twitter
Update all social media & website reg
Search for local spas, hairdressers, hotels, health suites, gyms for leaving leflets
Schools can you put leflets in bags
Recommend friends scheme
Loyalty cards
Survey find out what people want from a beauty therapist
Online booking
Have my own # to use on Instagram
Do behind the scenes vids & piccys
Favourite product write up
Whos your ideal client
Make an offer your ideal client cant refuse
Always have business cards on you
Always look busy - always have pictures to add later
Offer a re booking discount to encourage re booking
Handwritten birthday cards
Text message appointment reminders
Drop leaflets locally
Parties host goes free
Wedding fairs
Attend local events even if only as a guest & have cards on me
Gift vouchers
Leave cards where i go eg play barn drs dentist
Be my own advert
Email list
Follow up with clients 1 day after care advice 2 weeks later to re book
Be personal show people who you are eg if you have a family trip share a snap
Before & after piccy everything
Beauty tips & advice
Keep ahead of all events coming ip eg mothers day the races
Ask clients to tag them selves in your photos
Under promise over deliver
Do what you say when you say
Stay one step ahead of trends
Push your limits
Have printed tops to wear out to shops school run ect so people can see what i do
Goody bags for events
Review cards hand out how clients can review you
Be active in facebook groups not just advertising put helping with advice
Search twitter for people after help

Hi Amanda,
If you can, post a link to your facebook lovely, it will be a lot easier to advise if we see your page[emoji8]

Same here i am mobile and work is very quiet so fingers crossed it will be busy for us all soon :)

I am the same but hoping by end of month the weather will improve and people will get in the mood for nails again. I have put a 'returning customer promotion' on so fingers crossed

Latest posts

Back