Business takeover help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xkayla_herex

Xamyx
Reaction score
Hi

I've just started the process of taking over a beauty salon.

Does anyone know if I takeover the new salons Facebook account is there a way of changing the name( as it's likely I will change the salon name as it's currently called the owners name) -I'd like to keep their Facebook so I can keep the contacts on their or would I have to set up a new Facebook completely? - same with twitter although this isn't really used so Facebook is most important.

Also the new salon has a computer system on a apple computer at the salon. If I wanted to change to a different system does anyone know if this is possible- would I have to add clients and stuff again (I've never used one before so not too sure how they work) the one the use is £70 a month so I was going to see if there is a cheaper one (any recommendations welcomed)

Hi

I've just started the process of taking over a beauty salon.

Does anyone know if I takeover the new salons Facebook account is there a way of changing the name( as it's likely I will change the salon name as it's currently called the owners name) -I'd like to keep their Facebook so I can keep the contacts on their or would I have to set up a new Facebook completely? - same with twitter although this isn't really used so Facebook is most important.

Also the new salon has a computer system on a apple computer at the salon. If I wanted to change to a different system does anyone know if this is possible- would I have to add clients and stuff again (I've never used one before so not too sure how they work) the one the use is £70 a month so I was going to see if there is a cheaper one (any recommendations welcomed)
Hi,

Yes I've taken over 2 other salons and you can change the Facebook page name quite easily(as you don't want to loose all the likes and followers), can't remember exactly where you go but I think it's in settings. I changed one of my salons reception software from Premier spa to Salon IQ and Salon IQ moved everything over for me and amde sure we didn't loose any client data. Even all the bookings were moved over automatically. I would recommend Salon IQ as they do a lot more than the average but I'm sure most providers would be able to move everything over for you.

If you have less than a certain number of likes (I think it's about 200) it's very easy to change the name on Facebook, you can do it yourself and it changes immediately. If you have over a certain amount though it takes a bit longer and I think you have to contact Facebook and they have to approve it and do it at their end.

Ok thank you both for your help this is good to know.

What software are they currently using? We (You'reOnTime) transfer many systems free of charge and it will cost you a lot less than £70 per month.

Hi,

Yes I've taken over 2 other salons and you can change the Facebook page name quite easily(as you don't want to loose all the likes and followers), can't remember exactly where you go but I think it's in settings. I changed one of my salons reception software from Premier spa to Salon IQ and Salon IQ moved everything over for me and amde sure we didn't loose any client data. Even all the bookings were moved over automatically. I would recommend Salon IQ as they do a lot more than the average but I'm sure most providers would be able to move everything over for you.
Slightly off topic but Im looking at getting software for first time and am torn between Premier Spa and Salon IQ... at this stage only over the cost difference for set up, Salon IQ cheaper but the monthly is more than premier! Why did you switch? Thanks!

Latest posts

Back