Buying all colours - received new S2 catalogue

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emily S

Cheap ain't nice and nice ain't cheap <3
Reaction score
I have just received the new catalogue from Sweet Squared and decided to go through ALL my Shellac colours putting them into the order that's shown in the catalogue.

As I have done so, I have written down a list of colours I haven't got:

Cream Puff
Powder My Nose
Negligee
Beau
Bare Chemise
Gotcha
Decadence
Masquerade
Burnt Romance
Desert Poppy
Wild Moss
Blue Rapture
Grape Gum
Faux Fur
Iced Cappucino

I was thinking to order all these so that I have every colour but was wondering if there's any that you'd just think 'there's no point?' due to me having other colours that are extremely similar?!

Also, Frosted Glen wasn't in the book - is this now discontinued?

PS: What's that little machine called that you can type a word and it prints out a sticker? I want them so I can go crazy OCD and label everything :D

Frosted glen was a special I think, in the same range as Iced vapour and Scarlet letter.

The little machine is a dymo but you can get others.

As for the colours, if you have similar then you probably are okay with what you have. Some of the ones you mention I use constantly - Beau and Bare Chemise. Others I wouldn't look at. If you're only buying so that you have a complete set, do you really need them?

Definitely don't bother with Wild Moss. I find Cream Puff very gloopy. Prefer Studio White.

I think it's a label maker your looking for! x

Nobody's ever wanted wild moss or burnt romance.

I use beau a lot for French, it's also useful for layering

The catalogue smells amazing - I love that new print smell, am I weird lol?!

I use masquerade and blue rapture a lot if that helps.

Frosted glen was a special I think, in the same range as Iced vapour and Scarlet letter.

The little machine is a dymo but you can get others.

As for the colours, if you have similar then you probably are okay with what you have. Some of the ones you mention I use constantly - Beau and Bare Chemise. Others I wouldn't look at. If you're only buying so that you have a complete set, do you really need them?
Ahh that explains why I couldn't find it then. It's a shelf sitter anyway so can take place in the 'spares' section of my storage boxes.

Yes, it probably is pointless it's mainly because I want to label the boxes to keep them in the right order and no point putting a label on to have a permanent gap so thought I'd check first.

Thanks all for the replies, I'll skip the Cream Puff, I remember having it years ago and thinking it was a tad yuck!! Will also miss Burnt Romance, and Wild Moss.

I've ordered my label printer, I'm so excited!! :D :D

Nobody's ever wanted wild moss or burnt romance.

I use beau a lot for French, it's also useful for layering

The catalogue smells amazing - I love that new print smell, am I weird lol?!
Haha I must admit I did have a sniff!!

Of those listed i would get, beau, bare chemise, decadence or masquerade (prob not both) and desert poppy the others I wouldn't bother xx

No Negligee???? Really?? Blimey, thats been my most used colour since I started 12 years ago. It was always on CND's top 10 best sellers list. I've had it in every format that CND have done, the two previous polish lines before Vinylux and Shellac. I find it perfect for French, Brides, newbies wanting to try the product but not ready for a full on colour, and those wanting something super subtle but beautful. I love it :p:D

Never had it Trinity in my 12 years lol but it's on my next order list now! What have I been missing?! Xx

I have just received the new catalogue from Sweet Squared and decided to go through ALL my Shellac colours putting them into the order that's shown in the catalogue.

As I have done so, I have written down a list of colours I haven't got:

Cream Puff
Powder My Nose
Negligee
Beau
Bare Chemise
Gotcha
Decadence
Masquerade
Burnt Romance
Desert Poppy
Wild Moss
Blue Rapture
Grape Gum
Faux Fur
Iced Cappucino

I was thinking to order all these so that I have every colour but was wondering if there's any that you'd just think 'there's no point?' due to me having other colours that are extremely similar?!

Also, Frosted Glen wasn't in the book - is this now discontinued?

PS: What's that little machine called that you can type a word and it prints out a sticker? I want them so I can go crazy OCD and label everything :D

If you want to buy frosted glen there is a page on Facebook called CND buy swap sell & it's people selling anything CND, I saw a post from someone who had loads from sets she bought for a red that was included.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/479855585484815/

Just encase you wanted a nosey xx

Never had it Trinity in my 12 years lol but it's on my next order list now! What have I been missing?! Xx

(for me) Nirvana in a bottle ;):p

You'll probably hate it :confused::mad:

No Negligee???? Really?? Blimey, thats been my most used colour since I started 12 years ago. It was always on CND's top 10 best sellers list. I've had it in every format that CND have done, the two previous polish lines before Vinylux and Shellac. I find it perfect for French, Brides, newbies wanting to try the product but not ready for a full on colour, and those wanting something super subtle but beautful. I love it :p:D
I have had it before but it isn't one I do much of, I barely do French so perhaps that's why. I'll pop it on my order list tho thanks :)

Cream Puff - It's a bright white but wrinkles if applied to thick. I have Cream Puff as well as Studio White. Some ladies like the bright white French mani and I do use it for handpainting. Highly pigmented and covers completely.
Powder My Nose - Have it, don't use it. I bought it for an option for French mani's.
Negligee - It's the classic for a nice pink French. Trust the other girls that posted... you will love it. I always have one on stand-by because I don't want to run out!
Beau - also nice for French.
Bare Chemise - If someone has marks or damage, this is a cover up if they still want a French mani. Also a very gentle natural colour on it's own. Has a tiny bit of shimmer to it.
Gotcha - If you already have Hot Pop Pink, Pink Bikini and Rose Bud... you won't need it.
*Decadence - has no shimmer, is a deep wine colour and very nice...
*Masquerade - Almost identical to Crimson Sash. Hard to tell them apart by swatches. What were they thinking when they made this one?
**If someone is looking for a deep wine colour, it's either WITH a shimmer (Masquerade/Crimson Sash) or WITHOUT (Decadence). I'd get Decadence but not Masquerade. I have all 3 mentioned.
Burnt Romance - Unique colour. Like, Cream Puff, it wrinkles if applied too thick. I've used it more this Fall than last year as they seem to like the darker colours in browns when doing 4-5 different fall shades.
Desert Poppy - You already have enough reds.
Wild Moss - Don't have it, don't want it unless I start doing more camo and need an alternate green.
Blue Rapture - Love it. It's been paired up with Cerulean Sea, Cocoa and Faux Fur for a mix of Fall colours.
Grape Gum - Lighter than Purple Purple without the blue. It's on my shopping list.
Faux Fur - Surprisingly, for a brown... I've used it more than I thought I would.
Iced Cappucino - Had it, used it once. It got old so I discarded it. Hadn't even thought of replacing it.

Photos (I don't know what order they will show up in):
Snake skin accent: Pointer - Burnt Romance, Index - Faux Fur (pinkie-Cocoa)
Halloween Nails: Pointer - (Mummy) - Cream Puff, Ring (vampire bites) - Bare Chemise
Corset/bow accent: Masquerade is the dark colour

Attachments

• IMG_4009[2].JPG
    IMG_4009[2].JPG
    923.7 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_4267[1].JPG
    IMG_4267[1].JPG
    857.1 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_3976[1].JPG
    IMG_3976[1].JPG
    933 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
Thanks for the detailed post think I'll wait till other similar colours are running out and change for them just to give a little variation every now and again :)

Latest posts

Back