calgel over tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dales nails

Reaction score
hi as im very newly trained sometimes after applying gel over clear tips<i use calgel> i sometimes tend to get a bulbous shape towards the end after ive applied my gel.im making sure im not applying it too thick.i think it tends to be when i may not have efficiently lined up my tips to make sure there totally flush,but this is never noticeable till after ive applied the gel :twisted: so i was wondering would it be acceptable to just file after ive applied the gel to make a more symmetrical shape or will this just weaken the gel,all tips and ideas to make a perfect gel overlay will be gratefully taken.thanks

Hi ya

Are you blending your tips flush with the natural nail? Perhaps 2 thin layers instead of 1 thick layer may help?

HTH

Ambx

MINKUS said:
Hi ya

Are you blending your tips flush with the natural nail? Perhaps 2 thin layers instead of 1 thick layer may help?

HTH

Ambx
hiya thx 4 ur reply.im makin sure im tryin to file my tips flush with the natural nail but if im slightly out it just tends to show up slightly when i apply my gel.ive also been applying 2 thin coats of gel.im just wanting to get the perfect application im such a perfectionist it drives me mad!!!!!!!!!!

I tend to put more gel over the stress area and shape the nail with the gel.
Dont just apply in one flat stroke.
Hths

lell said:
I tend to put more gel over the stress area and shape the nail with the gel.
Dont just apply in one flat stroke.
Hths
thanks for your replys,if i find they did tend to get"bigger" towards the end of the tips.would it be appropriate to file the shape slightly or would that weaken the gel.or any other ways i could mask the problem

dales nails said:
thanks for your replys,if i find they did tend to get"bigger" towards the end of the tips.would it be appropriate to file the shape slightly or would that weaken the gel.or any other ways i could mask the problem

Hiya xx

You dont want to mask the problem, you want to solve why you have the problem. Otherwise it will always be one of those little things that niggle you.

It does sound like either your not blending the tip flush or that your not building in zone 2, maybe a bit of both. But your sure to get the help and advise you need on here. Good luck !

xxx

Latest posts

Back