Can a tint lighten?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cocoa 30

Reaction score
Hi, so I've been watching Celebs go dating and I love Jorgie Porters hair colour, I know which hair dresser she sees and I contacted them for an appointment. They said she gets a tint, but her hair is really blonde? I know they use ammonia free highlift tints in the salon (Paul Edmonds). I don't want to waste my time and money going there if the same won't be possible in my hair, I'm a level 7, with 5 months regrowth and highlights. I was under the impression you can't lighten with a tint. Can anyone advise me? I know it's a strange one lol

This is the colour, I love how it doesn't look really bleached and fake

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 72
You can lighten with most tints. It's just tint won't lift tint. So yes you can achieved lightening hair with a tint :)

LOL 5 Months tho! Trooper :D:D
You can lighten with tint to a degree but at a level 7 it would look brassy not natural.
Highlifts aren't always great tho.

Tint will lighten on your regrowth and any hair that is natural without any tint ever been placed on the hair. BUT been a lv 7 and seeing the picture you love there is no way you can be this light and tone with just a tint. Unfortunatly it will need to be bleached or highlighted and tonned.

Sorry have to disagree with you! My sister is a level 7 and we achieve that blonde with a highlift! Any base lower than a 7 is when it would start to lift orange. :)

Sorry have to disagree with you! My sister is a level 7 and we achieve that blonde with a highlift! Any base lower than a 7 is when it would start to lift orange. :)

Just me I like bleach :D:D

I like bleach but highlift gives such a lovely colour on my sisters hair and she likes how it comes out so we stick to that :)

Latest posts

Back